Anyone know what happened to Randy Kern?

11 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Haven't seen him on here for quite a while now. Always enjoyed his builds.

Posted · Report post

Randy is okay, he just stepped away from the hobby for a while. He is a member of our club, Central PA Model Car Club. I have not seen him in a while and I miss him greatly also, he truly is a great builder and a very nice guy. I see his son Nick once in a while at the club, very good kid too! ;)

Posted · Report post

Thanx Marcus. Tell Nick to let Randy know that we miss him around here.

Posted · Report post

Randy bought a 2010 Camaro and then got into a gun club. He's shooting a lot now ( NOT at people, I assume)

Posted (edited) · Report post

Well, I guess I better reply to this post! Thanks Roger, for the kind words. Yes, I bought a new Camaro last year, and absolutely LOVE to drive it! I'm in a local club that meets every month, and we do a lot of cruises, also. I hated to get rid of my Bugeye, but I decided it was time to let it go, and I had to have the garage space. That took me away from the hobby the most. Also, last year my Dad passed away, and I got a few of his handguns from his collection. I really took an interest in target shooting, also, and acquired a few more.

I mostly just got into an old-fashioned modeling slump, and as Cruz said, needed to step away from it for awhile. Attending the last meeting of my model car club has given me the kick in the pants I needed to start building again.

I am going to pick up where I left off, which was doing a Modelhaus Resin '58 Pontiac Bonneville to replace the one I sent out to my friend Raul Perez, in sunny California. This one is going to be blue, though. Good to be back!

Edited by Randy Kern

Posted · Report post

Welcome back!

Posted · Report post

Sorry to hear about your Father Randy.

Hope to see you back here with a fresh build soon!

Posted · Report post

Sorry about the loss of your Father Randy,but it's good to see you back on here. :) I look forward to seeing your builds in the future.

Posted · Report post

Randy, you ol Doggie you! GREAT ta see you back,Bud! :D;)

Posted · Report post

Randy, I had no Idea Nick was your son til last night...he told me to check your facebook page and I saw your pearl white 49 merc from a while back...still one of my favorite builds from that kit. Also, let me say, Nick is a good kid...not too many around these days...you've done well with instilling proper car knowledge in him...lol

Gray

Posted · Report post

Thanks, Gray! Yeah, he's my son for sure, totally into cars and racing. I'm ready to build again, and need to attend some shows, also. See you here on the forum.