Model Cars Magazine Forum

'32 Phantom 3 window pick-up

mrm

Michael, to start with I have to say this is a great build, super idea and excellent execution, really nice work.:lol: Where did the induction system come from, the carbs and the air cleaners?

The engine block and heads/valve covers and belts and accessories are from the '32 Tudor. The intake with the carbs are from the parts box. I believe they came from the '29 Ford pick up. They were originally on a SBC I believe and I had to "convert" it to fit the Ford 5.0. I chopped the original air cleaners that came on the carbs and added the hats from the Revell kit. Unfortunately the Tudor comes with a 3 carb set up, so I took the hats from two kits.

All the radiato, gas, breather caps are turned aluminum. All the aftermarket stuff is MCG

Great concept, great paint and great execution. What did you use for the rear tires?

Than you all again.

the paint is nail polish and shifts pretty cool between blue and purple. It is called "purple pizzas" - go figure.

The front wheels are the '50 p-up with the kit supplied tires. The rears are the same centers, cut to fit inside the Pegasus alu sleeves (23") and have the rear tires from the AMT '32 Phantom Vicky stretched over them, with the inner lip cut out. I believe the same tires were found on their Plymouth Prowler.

I accidentally erased few whole pages from imageshack and the whole documented build process was lost for ever.(actually I have to double check the memory card in my old camera. There is a chance it is not all lost)

• 2 weeks later...

Michael, Since I am a member of the KC Slammers and attended the Heartland show I saw your model and was very impressed with your work. However, please keep in mind that any judging at a show is still very subjective. To be "irked" because your model didn't win first place and ONLY got second tells me you will be "irked" a lot if you continue to enter contests. Take some advice from someone that has both competed in many shows and judged them, be thankful that you received the recognition that you did. My first entry at the Heartland several years ago didn't even place. However, I entered it in many other contests and it has since won more awards than anything I have built since. It even took a first in another class last year. Judges are human and the awards are based on their opinions not on any quantifiable criteria. I look forward to seeing more of your work next year.