Model Cars Magazine Forum

shakotan 280ZX

LAone

i know this in not every ones cup of tea or whiskey, but i hope you guys like it. its different, far far from perfect, but its meant to be this way.

the 280ZX came into play while working on the 510. meant to keep the mojo going.

SHAKOTAN 280ZX

kit: USAIRFIX curbside, motorized chassis hell

mods: just about everything. bucket seats, rear strut bar, harness bar, flocking, aoshima SSR MKII wheels, resin front mount intercooler(modded as well) well lots of work to get it this way.

002-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

010-1.jpg

014-1.jpg

011-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

020.jpg

027.jpg

for more pics of randomness

http://s958.photobucket.com/albums/ae61/trd4agcoupe/built%20models/

Okay first off. It's fantastic work. Great paint and execution.

Second, I gotta ask why the wicked camber? I did some Googling, this doesn't appear to be a racing trend like drifting, but just a custom trend. I can't imagine a set of tires would last long or the car be particularly stable or handle well. Reminds me of the trend back in the 90's where folks wer pushing little 14" wheels/tires outside the wheel wells of their lil cars.

Any info you can pass along would be helping me wrap my brain around this.

That's a cool looking little 280ZX,but I don't understand the extreme camber especially on the rear. I understand it on the front,but how would that be possible on the rear if it's a solid axle? I have one of these that I plan to drop a small block Chevy down into it.

That's a cool looking little 280ZX,but I don't understand the extreme camber especially on the rear. I understand it on the front,but how would that be possible on the rear if it's a solid axle? I have one of these that I plan to drop a small block Chevy down into it.

i think they all had IRS my 240 did.

thank you everyone. i appreciate the comment a lot.

jantrix: for the camber question, it's not meant for motorsports. wide and deep offset wheels under stock arches. google shakotan. it'll explain better than i can. i like my cars to have both the "go" and some style. hense the camber and intercooler for boost. B)

all Z's came with trailing arm suspension. not completely an IRS(independant rear susp.) but it was close to it. they had a lower control arm with the axle, spring and shock attacted to it. if you were to lower it this way, it would give you this camber, not only that, but it will push the wheels towards the front a bit. changing the tow and caster as well.