Model Cars Magazine Forum

Swamp Werkes

MikeMc

• 1 month later...

Yea,very real feel to it.Great job.Better get some shingles on the roof before it rains.lol

I tried....no cash.....but I did get some metal roofing....

OK after a month of screwing around, saving a few pennies here and there...I've got goodies coming, so time to get the structure weathered. I'm using Doc Cranky's salt, baking powder , and liquid mask to finish things up. The wood has been textured with the side of my Zona blade, following the grain. The roofing is "G" scale metal ribbed roofing...the "tin" side roof is a different scale by design..but I think it will work well. After the weathering on the ends was done I taped them and the fascia off and sprayed contact cement onto the wood sheathing and set the panels in place....the under edges were pre painted Tamiya TS 17 and the roof was finished with a blend of aluminum and metalizers....then roughed up.Right now I am letting the glue on the Ridge dry before I wash everything with some India Ink. Once all dry I will post the latest round of pictures!

This weathering is going slow but steady due to what I am trying to do!

I don't know if you're going to have gutter or not, but if you don't, it might be cool to have a rut in the ground or discoloration on the surface to indicate where the rain ran off the roof onto the ground. I would imagine it would be quite loud inside the building during a downpour! I sense you're much like me, modeling on a very restricted budget. Really cool stuff you have going on here, especially on a tight budget!

I don't know if you're going to have gutter or not, but if you don't, it might be cool to have a rut in the ground or discoloration on the surface to indicate where the rain ran off the roof onto the ground. I would imagine it would be quite loud inside the building during a downpour! I sense you're much like me, modeling on a very restricted budget. Really cool stuff you have going on here, especially on a tight budget!

I may do some 1/2 round gutters...not sure yet!

• 4 weeks later...