Model Cars Magazine Forum

1965 chevy crew cab dually

Even though I'm not really too big on "slammed in the weeds" anything, I tend to look past that when it comes to duallies!! :lol: I can't wait to see where you take this!

By the way, what are the wheels from and where did you find such a nice center cap for the front wheel?

Thanks guys for the nice words. The cab and bed are from resin motor replicas. I section the stepside fenders from the 65 chevy stepside kit. Hey highway the center caps are from the same 65 chevy stepside kit. Its the center caps for the steel rims. I got more pics to come. A full frame and cantilever air ride suspension. And the motor is a Ross Gibson prostock engine. Pretty wild build. But so fun. Thanks again aloha from Kauai, Hawaii

Hey highway the center caps are from the same 65 chevy stepside kit. Its the center caps for the steel rims.

Thanks Rylan, I would have never guessed they came from a pickup kit!! I just wish the big rig kits I normally build would have center caps that nice!

I know that Chevy--GMC made some of these back in the day without the dualies. Some were 4X4s and made for utility companies and others were custom ordered for big outdoor mining and logging companies. Dodge made some as far back as the late '50s with crew cabs and even 4x4s. I like what you are doing here. Paint it some wild color and put a boat and trailer with it. Keep us posted please. Patrick M

I think that's what he was referring to on the sectioned bedsides. Once they are filled, I think it will all match...though I'd bring down the dually fenders at the top just a tad if the wheels will permit.

Edited by Skydime

I really like this. I don't think I have ever built a single truck in my life (with exception of a couple of street rods) but always liked seeing them in the magazines and shows. This thing is going to be quite big too. How long is it?

Hey guys got some updates on my crew cab. Made some front control arms still got to do some body work on it. Also made some rear shock still got to make the external resevors for them with braided line. Mounted the twin air tanks. And some pics of the motor. I do custom Airbrushing and pinstriping on real vehicles as my business. I still have hard time to decide what color the truck will be. I'm stuck between a dark true blue with mini flakes on the roof . Or HOK root beer kandy base coat. Please comment. Alohaphoto-18.jpgphoto-19.jpgphoto-20.jpgphoto-21.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Where did you get those rims? ? ?

They're really nice. . .

:blink:

The rims are from the peterbilt kit. The rear is the same wheels just with 23 inch aluminum sleeves for a deeper dish. Got some primer on the truck still doin the final body work on the bed will have some updated pics. Aloha from Kauai Hawaii

• 3 months later...