Model Cars Magazine Forum

A/A Fuel altered......Complete!!!

1320wayne

Here are some further pictures of my progress on my latest project.

DSC03505-vi.jpg

DSC03504-vi.jpg

The engine is now ready for some intense detailing to include ignition wiring, fuel lines, oil lines and all on-board electronics as well as linkages.

DSC03500-vi.jpg

DSC03502-vi.jpg

DSC03498-vi.jpg

Front brake detail

DSC03499-vi.jpg

The decals honor the recent passing of funny car driver Eric Medlen.

Stay tuned for further updates within the next few days.

Here are some new pics. Engine detail is well underway. I have added the plug wires, fuel lines, oil dump tubes, resin cast a/n fittings, etc.. I have also scratchbuilt the magneto and cast a couple of ignition boxes and wired them as well. The compute box is set for additional wiring. There is also a toggle switch on the side of the computer box for turning the sytem on and off as well as the download plug. Although it's hard to see there is also the linkage on the front of the fuel pump for the fuel shut off. Many more details to come like all of the wiring for all of the different engine sensors, blower hold down straps, throttle linkage and cable as well as all of the drivers compartment detail.

Stay tuned.

DSC03522-vi.jpg

DSC03524-vi.jpg

DSC03518-vi.jpg

DSC03516-vi.jpg

DSC03514-vi.jpg

That is a amazing build wayne, i love it. It looks so dead on, great research.

Say, when will your fotki be updated with the new parts (wheels etc) from topend?

The existing web site will be down sometime in May and as soon as it is done I will have all of the albums fully updated on my site. Thanks for asking.

Simply amazing, Wayne! I take a bow to someone who truly knows their way around an altered. That is incredible detail there, and it looks killer. I'll have to someday get the courage to try to put some of that in mine. I think the first thing would be the 'chute cord. What did you use?

Simply amazing, Wayne! I take a bow to someone who truly knows their way around an altered. That is incredible detail there, and it looks killer. I'll have to someday get the courage to try to put some of that in mine. I think the first thing would be the 'chute cord. What did you use?

Thanks for the kind words, Randy.

As far as the chure cords goes, like most detail that I add I try to find an inexpensive way to come up with raw materials that can be used for detail purposes. The chute cords here are actually cut from an elastic strap from an I.D. holder from a corpoarte event that I attended with my job. For some reason I saved all of these over the last few years and now I have found a use for them. I just cut them to size and added some Testors metalizer paint to them.

• 12 years later...