Model Cars Magazine Forum

Looking for Pro Mod electrical reference material

DWR

Hi all. Does anyone have or know of a link for an electrical schematic for a modern Pro Mod car. Looking for info on how to wire all of those electronics that are usually mounted in the interior

that's an extremely tough request. why so? first you need to decide if you're requesting a blown (roots or screw), nitrous assisted or turbo (single or twin) car. and even then, there are almost no 2 cars that are wired / or plumbed the same. different data systems, how many parameters you want to monitor? different nitrous systems and number of nitrous controller systems, different number of nitrous stages. different ignitions companies and different systems within each company. (std. breaker point point, electronic, electronic distributor-less, magneto, dual magneto). is the fuel system mechanically or electronically controlled? this is only the tip of the iceberg. your request might be a little easier if you narrow the parameters of your request.

thumper86......thank you, these type of schematics is exactly what I am looking for to help understand the wiring.

comp1839...thank you for the comments, the deeper I dig into this the more complicated it becomes. The drawings that thumper86 posted are what I was looking for. I saw similar drawings before somewhere that included those drawings as well as a number of other ones that included wiring/plumbing for Pro Mods, nitros as well as the air system used for Lenco's. I sure wish I would have bookmarked it at the time. :lol: