Model Cars Magazine Forum

Antiques Roadshow tonight

Just skimming tonight's TV listings and PBS is airing an episode of Antiques Roadshow that features a "Chrysler Turbine model and manual." I wonder what that will really cover, and for how much the hosts will value it.

It's listed for tonight at 8 pm Eastern in my area, but I've found that many PBS stations don't air the same programming at the same time or even the same day.

Definitely watch it. I would like to know. I highly doubt they will value it any higher than maybe 50-75 dollars. BUT... you have to remember they value things to insurance value not retail value so it could be higher.

Edited by ra7c7er

you know what it might be, aside from the obvious JoHan kit, might be an actual from-the-factory promo or metal sculpture on a plaque or similar, to commemorate some event like the first or last turbine car being presented. Havent seen this yet and in fact it should be on in just a few hours so i will try to catch it myself.

i bet they have that guy who typically appraises toys and collectibles, long hair dude who usually wears a hawaiian shirt or a tie die t-shirt. he sometimes overestimates, but generally i think he is pretty right on. really knows his music memorabilia.

you know what it might be, aside from the obvious JoHan kit, might be an actual from-the-factory promo or metal sculpture on a plaque or similar, to commemorate some event like the first or last turbine car being presented. Havent seen this yet and in fact it should be on in just a few hours so i will try to catch it myself.

i bet they have that guy who typically appraises toys and collectibles, long hair dude who usually wears a hawaiian shirt or a tie die t-shirt. he sometimes overestimates, but generally i think he is pretty right on. really knows his music memorabilia.

Gary something or other. Summers? Sohmers? Yeah, he seems like a really cool guy... :)

Just went through it twice on my DVR. No model?? What the heck was that!? The other two items they advertised were there but that was it. We should all go to the ARS web site and let them know how disappointed we are. Ready, Set, gone!!!

The other two items they advertised were there but that was it. We should all go to the ARS web site and let them know how disappointed we are. Ready, Set, gone!!!

Agreed. I set aside the hour to watch this out of curiousity. I think we all know the real collector value in todays economy would be less than $100.00 US dollars. It was a let down though that we were not able to see an 'outside' appraisers opinion of the retail, or auction value of this kit.