let me give you a rough example of how O/T threads usually go around here :

you start with fish

we go from fish to hemi cuda

from hemi cuda to sports injuries

from sports injuries to sports illustrated: swimsuit edition

from sports illustrated: swimsuit edition to gremlins

from gremlins to condelica rice

from condelica rice to vasectomies

from vasectomies to tadpoles (or the lack thereoff)

from tadpoles (or the lack thereoff) to gold fish

and from goldfish to page 2

No fish here. I have cats but there not allowed in the room....got tired of looking for parts...LOL... Besides its too noisy in there for them right now with all the unexpected remodeling due to the storm. There both adopted...one was left in front of my house in a paper bag :angry:a pure blood seal point Siamese that loves everyone....the other was 4 weeks old an found under a truck hiding. They have a good home now. :D

im sorry are you new here ?

let me give you a rough example of how O/T threads usually go around here :

you start with fish

we go from fish to hemi cuda

from hemi cuda to sports injuries

from sports injuries to sports illustrated: swimsuit edition

from sports illustrated: swimsuit edition to gremlins

from gremlins to condelica rice

from condelica rice to vasectomies

from vasectomies to tadpoles (or the lack thereoff)

from tadpoles (or the lack thereoff) to gold fish

and from goldfish to page 2

Aww, c'mon Eelco, you know I'm not new!

To actually address the original topic, Yes, I have had a 90 gallon aquarium near my modeling hobby and it was the toxins from the CA glue and other items (clear coat gassing out) that made my fish sick. When I moved my model room to an enclosed room, I never lost another fish to illness. Varnish will also kill fish with the vapor it leaves in the air. The two hobbies just don't mix well.

Woke up Sunday to a leaking fish tank next to my workbench. Fortunately, although it was leaking onto my table, nothing was damaged. However, I did have to clear the table off to move it so the tank issue could be adressed.

Woke up Sunday to a leaking fish tank next to my workbench. Fortunately, although it was leaking onto my table, nothing was damaged. However, I did have to clear the table off to move it so the tank issue could be adressed.

I am sorry to hear that. When I bought mine, the first one I bought had a crack in it, we took it back and bought another one. Well that one was shattered, we treid two more times before we got an intact one. Did you lose your finned friends?

we keep killing the fish..though the last one that died lived about a year...

anyway they were in the man cave till all were gone.

this guy comes in more often to take over whatever model box lid is open. Thing is he used to fit in the car box lids....as you can see I took up building model trucks for him...lol

2011-07-20_21-23-03_141.jpg

Gray

No fish here. I have cats but there not allowed in the room....got tired of looking for parts...LOL... Besides its too noisy in there for them right now with all the unexpected remodeling due to the storm. There both adopted...one was left in front of my house in a paper bag :angry:a pure blood seal point Siamese that loves everyone....the other was 4 weeks old an found under a truck hiding. They have a good home now. :huh:

Glad to hear 2 kitties got a good home. Freckles is a rescue,found on a street when he was about a week (or less)old, the rescuers think his mother might have been killed by a coyote, he now has a good home too,plenty of food,water,love & plastic/resin it seems! :D

we keep killing the fish..though the last one that died lived about a year...

anyway they were in the man cave till all were gone.

this guy comes in more often to take over whatever model box lid is open. Thing is he used to fit in the car box lids....as you can see I took up building model trucks for him...lol

2011-07-20_21-23-03_141.jpg

Gray

Cute!, you should see a 38.5 lb. cat in a model box!(well, really you can't see the box), Jasper (one of my other cats,passed away in 2007),loved jumping into boxes I got if he fit or not, got in one box & I warched as the sides ripped out.

38.5 lb! That's not a cat, that's a Border Collie! Is that like a Guinness record or something?!

Could be!,he was funny to look at when he weighed that much,a tiny head & a short tail with a HUGE body in-between,as you could figure he became diabetic,after starting his insulin shots,he lost almost half his weight in 2 weeks, went down to 18lbs, still a heavy cat, but Jasper was a long tall cat so he carried the 18lbs. well, I'll have to see if I can find a good pic of him & maybe do a before & after.

Cute!, you should see a 38.5 lb. cat in a model box!(well, really you can't see the box), Jasper (one of my other cats,passed away in 2007),loved jumping into boxes I got if he fit or not, got in one box & I warched as the sides ripped out.

wow!that's crazy...Jag hasn't always been this big..he got the ole snippy snippy and that's when he packed on the pounds, that and eating kitten food when we were fostering a kitten...this dude is a chow hound now..i think he begs almost as bad as the dog..

I am sorry to hear that. When I bought mine, the first one I bought had a crack in it, we took it back and bought another one. Well that one was shattered, we treid two more times before we got an intact one. Did you lose your finned friends?

A couple of them died. One killed himself. He was with the others in a pan of water. He jumped out and into the heat register. Got him out before he could cause a stink about it.