Model Cars Magazine Forum

BEST Wife EVER!!!!

Took my wife to Columbus on Monday for her birthday. While at Polaris doing a bit of shopping she spotted a Hobby Lobby.

She makes the statement that shook my world.... "Hey honey we should go there tomorrow and see if they have any kits you don't have".

My heart still shutters when I think about it..... but it doesn't end there.

We go Tuesday morning and I grab a couple kits and plan on walking away when I hear her say...... "Hey don't you need some paint for them"?

I think I will keep her around for a while.......

That's pretty good my friend...but not good enough to win the title of Best Wife Ever! At least not until she equals my wife! And for that your lovely wife will have to do what my wife has done...and that is actually go out and BUY me kits! Yep...she has surprised me on more than one occasion by bringing me home some kit she heard me talk about or by ordering it on the sly from Squadron and having it show up with the UPS man! Add to that she has gone with me on a few shows and THAT my friend qualifys her for the Best Wife Ever title! And she's kept ME around now for what will be 30 years this coming December!!! :lol:

All in good fun of course and may I congratulate you on picking such a wonderful lady to be your bride!

Terry, that's good, but I had to ask Theresa to STOP buying me the 1/8th monogram kits because we were running out of room! I was not gonna buy a bigger house just because of my models. Although, I know of guys who have!!!!

Of course they aren't married either!:lol:

Terry, that's good, but I had to ask Theresa to STOP buying me the 1/8th monogram kits because we were running out of room! I was not gonna buy a bigger house just because of my models. Although, I know of guys who have!!!!

Of course they aren't married either!:lol:

:lol:

You guys are killing me here. I love reading these tales. I think my wife, Marcia, of 10 years is the best because she doesn't come out to the shop and doesn't ask how much I spend on my hobby. She did say likes the color on the '51 Henry J I'm trying to complete.

Wow such great stories . Now I have to add mine . My Wife is the greatest she has always supported my hobby and even gone to shows with me . Last year i became disabled and have trouble getting around . On march 4th this year I had lung surgery ,And they took a big chunk of my lung. She is the only one working and still finds time to take care of me and the kids . She goes and pics out a kit for me to build ,paints and everything to go with it .Now she builds kits with me . And to top it all off she is the most caring and beautiful women I know . Thanks Baby for being you .

misc2017.jpg

jenni.jpg

Wow such great stories . Now I have to add mine . My Wife is the greatest she has always supported my hobby and even gone to shows with me . Last year i became disabled and have trouble getting around . On march 4th this year I had lung surgery ,And they took a big chunk of my lung. She is the only one working and still finds time to take care of me and the kids . She goes and pics out a kit for me to build ,paints and everything to go with it .Now she builds kits with me . And to top it all off she is the most caring and beautiful women I know . Thanks Baby for being you .

misc2017.jpg

jenni.jpg

Man, sweet, pretty AND builds models?!?!?! I'm jealous!!!!!! B)

I love threads like this! After being married to a woman who was barely tolerant of my hobbies, (Yes, she's the 'Ex' now...) I can say that wives like these are more precious than diamonds and gold. Hold on to them for dear life and don't let go! I know that's what I would do...

The good and wonderful thing is that you guys ACTUALLY REALIZE just how lucky you are. Life says that one must have the good with the bad. Without the bad, earth-shattering relationships that we've ALL been through, one might not really recognize or value the wonderful person standing before you like you do now... I wish all of you the continuing best in your lives and relationships! :DB)

hi All.

Like I've said before on the other thread like this.mine as well supports my hobby.she is great to me.she doesn't buy me kits but lets me get what ever I want to.she goes to ever club meet and to the Chiles dinners before the meeting.she writes and keeps track of the check book and card statements,sweetie want to see all and everything I do.she is to me and for me the greatest,I couldn't imagine life without her.Thanks to me sweetie,Chris

LOL, I have had ex girlfriends ask, "you payed how much for that!!??????" I always tell them, "look how much you'd pay for a nice diamond ring and it's basically a hyped up piece of dirt!"

LOL

My bride of 36 years...( who also is sweet and pretty) " looks great!!!" ( models) lets me have a A/C area...

OK a closet for my bench..near the window for venting the booth...with power...

78 degrees TV and a fridge in the next room, I'm quite happy!! :lol:B)

An often overlooked thread, great idea!

Spouses that connect are rare. I'm happy to see there are others with cool wives too. My gal Amy supports my hobbies, but I also reciprocate and involve myself with things that interest her. She made me a N.Y. Mets fan after having limited interest in the sport, I let her run free in Barnes & Noble or Boarders and she buys books like mad (she has a similar obsession with books..), and I attend concerts that I normally wouldn't go to, most recently Bon Jovi. In return she let's me buy all the toys, Basses, and Musclecar parts (within reason) that my heart desires. But showing restraint is key. Too much "freedom" will lead to abuse. As long as it goes both ways, your golden.

Although I DID flat-out refuse to go see the Foreigner, Journey, and Night Ranger show with her... gone.gif