'34 Ford shop truck

14 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I finished this today. One last detail to add is a sign that will go on the stake sides that will say "L&R Original Parts Rescue". I'll knock that out tomorrow.

The kit was a vintage AMT 34 kit (thanks Clay) with the Ardun flattie from the Revell Ford F-1. The bed is balsa and the rest of the wood parts are basswood. The mexican blacket is scratch made and the cab has a 4.5 scale inch chop. This will be mated with the trailer that I built earlier in the year, which will be filled with all sorts of great vintage salvaged junk. Enough talk - on to the pics.

2011-07-04183946.jpg

2011-07-04184142.jpg

2011-07-04184013.jpg

2011-07-04184038.jpg

Comments and critiques are kindly welcome.

Posted · Report post

came out NICE Rob

Posted · Report post

Very cool truck! I like the wooden bed and duallies. Great engine detail, and the color is just right - seems to go well with the wood.

Sam

Posted · Report post

I'm proud to say that Rob built this beautiful truck as an entrant in the "Cars of Rock 'n' Roll & Country Music" CBP that I proposed a couple of months ago. It's a fantastic build, based on The Eagles "Take It Easy". I wanted to see vehicles from popular music the way others envisioned them, and Rob's vision was very different from my own. I saw the "Flatbed Ford" from Winslow, Arizona as being a mainly stock-appearing mid 60's model, painted a fading white with minor rust. This is just the thing I was looking for when I came up with the idea for the CBP.

(The only thing that I see that isn't quite accurate to the song is the license plate - I'd think it should have an Arizona tag instead of one from Illinois. Maybe I'm nit-picking here, because other than the connection to the song, the plate wouildn't matter at all. On the other hand, maybe that girl in Arizona is visiting her Aunt Mabel and Uncle Horace, and she drove the shop truck from her home in Chicago... :) )

Posted · Report post

Sweeet!

B)

Posted · Report post

I used a Illinios license plate on the trailer I built for this so I just did the same thing for this so they matched. I honestly didn't even think of using the AZ plate. I'm sorta disappointed with myself for for forgetting it. B)

Posted · Report post

Now this I like! Good job of coordinating all the elements. Fits the currently popular style with out looking like rusted junk.

Jose approves jose-jalapeno-puppet-of-jeff-dunham.jpg

gus

Posted · Report post

Nice Build! I like your junk trailer idea. A couple of rusty engine blocks and old bumpers - very cool!

Ken

Posted · Report post

Nice build, Rob. It's going to look terrific pulling the trailer.

Posted · Report post

I especially like those wood running boards!

Posted · Report post

Yup. Nice job Rob. Everything worked out real well.

Posted · Report post

That's a pretty cool looking old truck Rob! I really like the wooden bed. Where are the chrome reverse wheels from?

Posted · Report post

Guys thanks very much for the ataboys. I appreciate it. Roger, the chrome reversed wheels came with this kit. It is unfortunate that none of the Lindberg releases have come with these wheels.

Posted · Report post

i love it::::