Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius Hudson!

I've heard rumors of a 1/72 Skipjack submarine; about 42 inches long.

skipjack3.jpg

Possibly boring for car modelers, but remove the bumps, scrounge up some wheels and a drivetrain...

lakester.jpg

That Skipjack, combined with a 5-channel radio control system, and one of the commercially available model submarine ballast tank systems would be SOOOOOO cool! We have here in Lafayette a 3-acre lagoon in our principal city park, that would be just so neat to play with a sub--I can hear it already: Aaahoogah@ Aaahoogah! DIVE! DIVE!. Hmmmmmm!

Art

Nope ... both the Hudson and the 300 will have MSRPs in the $30 range.

Good, but still a bit too pricey for me. I'll wait till an LHS has it for $25 or less, or hopeing (but i'm not gonna count my chicken on it) that Michaels or AC Moore will (not likely) carry it in the next 6 years!!

Edited by V-spec

I suspect that news will be held tightly by Moebius until mid October, as in i-Hobby Expo.

However, can I get conformation that Model King will be offering the first NASCAR version in a limited run joint deal as was posted on another board. Art or Dave ?

Steve,

True. ModelKing is doing a very limited production run of the NASCAR Hudson in Tim Flock livery. Three thousand units, one time only. I already have mine on order.

Hot diggity dawg! Let's go racin', boys!

:)

Hey guys,

I went to a car show last week and this was there.It is a '54.

I will post one pic here and the rest in the 1:1 reference section.I think that is the thing to do.If Harry or Gregg want to move the pics post here,be my guest.

I hope this helps someone.

DSCN3264_5461.jpg

Hope you enjoy