Model Cars Magazine Forum

I may not be around for a while.

I just wanted to let everyone know I may not be very active around here for a while, my fiancee and I had a death in the family yesterday. We lost our beloved cat Shasta, who we also called Hairball, yesterday. She was 14 years old, and a part of my life for the past 10 years. That, one top of many other problems we are having at the moment, has devistated both of us, and I just feel that being there for my fiancee is most important right now, plus the fact that I'm also taking our baby's death very hard. She was more than just a cat to us, she was our little baby girl and we treated her more like a daughter than a pet.

Rest in peace baby, your Mommy and Daddy will always love you and miss you!

102_0286.jpg

Hey Matt, I am truly sorry to hear about the passing of your beloved Shasta. May your feline friend rest in peace and God be with you and your lady during, what is no doubt,a very difficult time. All of your model cars friends will be here when you are ready to return. Take care Buddy.

Matt, I'm sooooo sorry for your loss! :D She looks just like my Captain..............

P5013844-vi.jpg

Yes, my two cats are my "kids" as well. They're only here for a short time though, and it's never easy to let 'em go when it's time. ;)

You take care and take the time to grieve--------we'll be here when you return.

Sorry for your loss...i most understand how you feel and for what you are going thru...Your cat appears to be a Mainecoon..very large and Beautiful Cats...they are also vocal...I had my mainecoon for 7yrs..been gone now for 3yrs..but i still talk to her...i had her cremated she now sits on my Fireplace Mantle...My Sympathy's..D.

Sorry to hear about your loss,my cats too are just as much a part of the family as kids.Have always found comfort in this when a loved pet dies....

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

I know very well the pain and loss that you are feeling. On June 21, I had to put down my beloved Golden Retriever, Dakota. He was very much a member of my family and will sorely be missed. In two weeks, I will go to meet my new family member, a one year old Golden Retriever rescue dog from Louisiana named Annabelle.

Thank you everyone for the kind words and wishes, even though I haven't felt like posting again until now, I have been lurking and reading my email notifications. It's been a week today since we lost our baby Hairball, and there have been a few tough moments for both my fiancee and me, but we are slowly getting somewhat back to normal. Even with our three younger kids in the house, the house just seems empty without Hairball in it, from not having her begging for a bite of whatever we were eating to not feeling her jumping on and off the bed during the night, or just having her walk over and have her say "Pick me up and hold me" the way she did by rubbing our leg with her front paws until one of us would pick her up. I spent some time to looking through our old pics and found that helped too, remembering the better times. Here are a few of my favorites.

She always loved her treats, and didn't even need Mommy or Daddy to open them!

HPIM0087.jpg

Taking a nap with her little sister Libby.

HPIM1029.jpg

Laying on the back of the couch with her little brother Garfield.

HPIM0316.jpg

And finally, enjoying Daddy's other hobby.

HPIM0670.jpg

Sorry for your loss...i most understand how you feel and for what you are going thru...Your cat appears to be a Mainecoon..very large and Beautiful Cats...they are also vocal...I had my mainecoon for 7yrs..been gone now for 3yrs..but i still talk to her...i had her cremated she now sits on my Fireplace Mantle...My Sympathy's..D.

Thank you Don, and you are very correct, Shasta was a Mainecoon. And yes, she was very vocal, and also very smart! She could open anything from treat jars to bags, and even once or twice a box of cat food in the cereal box type box. We were also thinking of having her cremated, but unfortunately everything else going on at this time made that impossible. We still have plenty of pics around, though.

Sorry to hear about your loss,my cats too are just as much a part of the family as kids.Have always found comfort in this when a loved pet dies....

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Glenn, that is just so beautiful and touching, and even though it made me cry the first time I read it, it also helped more than you could ever imagine. Thank you so very much for sharing that! :P

sorry to hear about this bud, I have a very special fondness for cats...and it's going to be a very bad day for me when my best friend Jag reaches his time. I've had him since he was a little kitten, the last of his brothers and sisters at the flea market, and he has been with me thru all the hell i've been thru over the last 3 years always happy to see me when I get home from work. I would say the best way to help with the loss is to go adopt another one, but looks like you have a few already..lol

271089_1847563753168_1362928220_31636273_6334267_n.jpg

WOW Bill, they could be twins!! ;)

;) Interesting enough, when I first got Captain in May of '02 at the local shelter, he was just six weeks old-----and he was in a pen with his mother (who was a Calico) and another kitten that looked just like him. I can't remember if it was a male or female. I suspect that his Dad was a Maine Coon as that's what folks have been telling me that he looks just like one. They wanted me to take both of them, but at the time I couldn't deal with two kittens.

I ended up with KitKat about a month later however, as a lady I worked with that had him was about to be evicted if she didn't get rid of him. Sadly, I had to put him down the day after Thanksgiving in '09. :)

Captain can be rather vocal as well...........especially when it's time for food! :D