Model Cars Magazine Forum

Wrecked 1/16 ferrari

cazxr2

I'm on again with another Ferrari this time it's a 1/16. I bought this a while back it was advertised with a small crack in the body. That was an understatement and a half. The roof has a huge crack one of the rear pillars is missing., and the rear panell is cracked. I got this out today in the intention of sticking it back on evil bay to sell on to someone else.

But something grabbed me and "BING" like a lightbulb I managed to vision it repaired and thought I'd be aswell give it a go. The engine has been made up(quite badly) so that's in the freezer. Not sure how long it has to go in there for?? And the body is taped up until I start the body work. This is way past my level of skill. So please tell me if I'm doing wrong. And ANY advice would be gratfully heard. Anyway enough of all the rant here's the pics.

f8d03d04.jpg

4f61ca86.jpg

4d005bed.jpg

2801c579.jpg

This is a huge challenge but I'm looking forward to this. B)

Edited by cazxr2

Thanks guys. I did think of doing a spider but I think that would be a little tricky. 1 question b4 I hit the sack. It's 23.20 on Monday night and I start work at 05:00 tomoro how long do I keep the engine in the freezer to free off the glue?? :) Craig

Work started on trying to rescue the body it was worse than i fist thought. Not only is there a huge crack down the roof. But both pillars on one side are gone. So

I taped all the body parts on just to see what is needed. And began work on the new pillars. They won't be perfect but I will try my best to get as near as possible.

With both pillars missing either side of where the glass will be.

000dc3a0.jpg

Work started on fuesta pillar. I know it doesn't look much progress but it's somthing.

Please could someone tell me how long to leave the glued parts in the freezer? Thanks Craig