Model Cars Magazine Forum

How angry do you get?

honestly, i dont let myself get to that point. cause as harry said, its suppose to be a fun hobby. so if i feel im getting mad, i just put it down and do or build something else. that is why i like to keep 2 or 3 WIP's on my bench. B)

As a couple others here have said, if a build is going that bad I just walk away. Sometimes for an hour, sometimes a week. I have found that works wonders, I am able to come back with a fresh prospective & attitude. If a simple out of the box build takes 6 months so what, I find in the long run the results are worth it.

Get Angry !...well this is why i have Boxes of PARTS.. :P No not really..Replace the Anger for the Challenge...this is why i like to build...all for the challenge..sure it can be frustrating at times...but then again what's not...Ha.. :blink:

If your hobby is causing you stress... you're obviously not doing it right! :blink:

LOLs!

I all but destroyed a Corvette in junior high. I saved it and it got a honorable mention at a local contest - back in 1980 or so.

Just walk away! Use every obstacle, trouble, set-back as a learning experience.

It is rare that I get mad at a model, and when I do I just walk away and do something else.

According to my model bench I have gotten mad exactly 14 times. :blink:

Edited by CAL

Angry at a model? Never. The model is an inanimate object. This is a fun hobby for me, but it remails fun because I do a lot of test fitting of every part. By the time I have everything prepped painted and I'm reaching for glue I must have test fit every part 50 times. I tend to know how well it will go together. the day I get angry at a model is the day I quit building them.

I've only had two I've nearly frustrated enough to send flying and that was a long time ago. Now if I'm working on somehting and drop a small part or an important screw or nut on the floor, then I say things that can't be posted here :blink: I have to agree that if something's going wrong, step away, especially if it's late at night just go to bed and start fresh the next day. WOrks well on styrene models and RC stuff :P

Not so much at the model (frustrated at times, usually glue sticking to me not the parts its supposed to be bonding), but angry for sure at the guy who sold me a :mint open but everything there" $ 50 early funnycar kit that's missing the windscreen and interior body supports not to mention the badly twisted body :blink:. I do have 2 more issues of the kit with aftermarket decals, so can copy and remake whats missing but thats not the point, he didnt know that.