Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/24th scale jersey barriers

Not living in Jersey, I have NO idea what a "Jersey" barrier is. What are they?:D:lol:

I'm sure you've seen them George ... they MUST have been imported to Detroit!

Those temporary (permanent in NJ) highway barriers .. concrete 3' high with triangular base ... each one is about the length of Jimmy Hoffa.

Edited by Foxer

A military buddy of mine casts these in 1/35 scale the truck is 1/24 scale

Jersey barriers around swat truck

Those are really cool. Is that truck 1/24?

I have a couple barriers in 1/32nd scale that are "race used". A resin slot car guy I know used his works 3D scanner to copy a barrier that was hit by a race car at Seibring (i think) and he used that to make a mold the barrier looks just like the real smashed one. Problem is he doesn't make them anymore.

I'm sure you've seen them George ... they MUST have been imported to Detroit!

Those temporary (permanent in NJ) highway barriers .. concrete 3' high with triangular base ... each one is about the length of Jimmy Hoffa.

Oh, you mean Jimmy Beds!!! J/K we got them all over Deeetroy too, but i never knew 'em as Jersey Barriers! They WILL stop a car, but Semi Tractors don't have much trouble movein 'em!;)B):lol:

I've seen them made from cut and sculpted styrofoam (made for railroad displays). Just paint them flat white or a combination of white and light gray (also seen them in DOT orange, asphalt black, and caution yellow as well) and you have a decent barrier.

You can also duplicate asphalt roads, speed bumps, and highway sound walls (7' tall interstate barriers) the same way. Same friend did a highway backdrop with two planks of styrofoam, jersey barriers, and "alligators" scattered on the wayside from shredded capped tires! (Don't know how he reproduced the gators tho...)

Thanks

Yep 1/24 scale revell Jurassic park Mercedes

Those are really cool. Is that truck 1/24?

I have a couple barriers in 1/32nd scale that are "race used". A resin slot car guy I know used his works 3D scanner to copy a barrier that was hit by a race car at Seibring (i think) and he used that to make a mold the barrier looks just like the real smashed one. Problem is he doesn't make them anymore.