Model Cars Magazine Forum

I've taken a break from building autos to explore figure painting and other different aspects of modeling and using my airbrush. I decided on a "hell camino" for a CBP - if the devil had a hot rod. I got the engine completed and airbrushed the flames on. It feels good to be building again. :)

DSC03476.jpg

DSC03475.jpg

Are you using the MPC kit? I just completed one myself not in the devilish fashion that I wished I'd though of! I've got all the custom SS parts if you need any.

I'm using the Revell 66 El Camino kit. Thank you for the offer.

We got home from the lake with our friends and I knocked out the interior this evening in air-conditioned comfort. The seats were painted flat red, and then shot with semi-gloss clear to give it the leather look. A couple of small touch-ups are needed. The red carpet flocking is courtesy of Martha Stewart Crafts. LMAO

DSC03481.jpg

DSC03479.jpg

DSC03482.jpg

DSC03478.jpg

DSC03477.jpg

Thank you guys for the kind words. It feels great to be building again. I got her standing tall tonight. A few minor touch ups to do yet. The first picture is in natural light. The last three are with the flash which makes all the colors pop out. A memory stick error killed off the chassis shot. rolleyes

DSC03483.jpg

DSC03484.jpg

DSC03485.jpg

DSC03486.jpg