Model Cars Magazine Forum

1993 Ford Ranger "Stock Truck" WIP

What I'll be building is using the 1993 Ranger STX kit, along with parts from a snap-tite NASCAR and engine from the Revell Mustang convertible, I'll be building a faux-stock truck, similar in style to the Monte Carlo from the Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift.

I'll be using the rear axle/suspension, wheels/tires, steering wheel, and the roll cage from the NASCAR kit.

Here's the chassis so far.

SDC11313.jpg

Edited by Jordan White

I just picked up a ranger model, ive been wanting to build the ranger lightning (i cant remember what they called it), that they built on the show trucks, so i will be watching this build, keep the updates coming.

I just picked up a ranger model, ive been wanting to build the ranger lightning (i cant remember what they called it), that they built on the show trucks, so i will be watching this build, keep the updates coming.

That project was called "Rolling Thunder", and actually a Mazda B2000 that was reskinned with a Ranger front clip. Of course, the Mazda is still just a Ranger in disguise! :unsure:

I still have to do a little more bondo work, but I added the bodykit from the Monogram '91 Chevy S10 kit, along with a modified front airdam from the Revell Acura Integra. Rear end had to have a filler panel made as well. Also opened up the rad core support to allow for the full effect of the kit see-through grille shell.

SDC11316.jpg

SDC11317.jpg

SDC11318.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

'Tis actually a 'Stang 5.0, the #1 spark plug wire is just hidden behind the alternator (which just so happens to be the same color as the engine). :P

As far as updates go, I just started school again for the fall, so it will be a bit before I get back into the swing of things. I do have the body painted though and just have to put on a clear coat which I might try and do this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...