Model Cars Magazine Forum

63 chevy 2 nova outlaw prostreet updates 10/31/14

tyrone

what's up fellas, I started fooling around with this one yesterday since I'm kind of ata stand still with the Camaro, waiting on decals. So I started on this one, thanks for looking and comments welcome...

001.jpg
003.jpg
004.jpg
005.jpg
006.jpg
007.jpg
008.jpg

Edited by tyrone

Thanks fellas, Brad the chassis is from the r/m pro sportsman 57 chevy, but this one is from the soff seal 57 chevy kit,as you can tell (yellow) this is a build I've been wanting to do for a while. I'll just use most of the kit parts on this one for the engine and so forth. Thanks for looking in...

awesome! i've been thinking about something like this from the Trumpeter Nova for awhile but wasn't sure on the chassis. besides the obvious cage work, did you have to do anything to the wheelbase?

thanks, I did have to cut the lower strut arms off and move them back just slightly to center the front wheels up...

Tyrone your builds are always inspiring , I love the nova already . What motor are you gonna drop in it? keep us posted and keep up the great work brother! :unsure:

Thanks Rom I really appreciate all the nice words from you guys, I'm going to use the engine from the 55 chevy pro sportsman kit I've got hundreds of them laying around lol.. some bg style carbs from pro tech is what I have in mind...

Tyrone... this build is off to a great start. Love this body style of Nova. What kit is the body from?? Looking for more pics of this build. Keep up the great work.

Thanks Chris, this is the trumpeter kit...

'63 Chevy II is really nice car, and perfect basis for this kind of project. Can't wait to see more progress of it, your builds are always looking very good. I like the modifications, you've done to the body, that car looks mean. Really great job so far.

Thanks for the comments fellas, well this is a small update, it was 100 degrees here today, and it's just to dang hot in my garage/hobby room/man cave to do any work, but I did manage to get the rear spoiler done and the trunk floor, the wing is made front sheet styrene. Thanks for looking and comments welcome...

003-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

The wing looks good Tyrone, like that shot also, the wing & the tires look nice,spent 34 years in Fl., know all about the high humidity/temps,always hated painting the cars outside in the summer,now in Tucson (have had 32 days in the 100's so far, but very low humidty/even thou it has been a little humid the last 2 weeks or so, the monsoon season is here).

one more I love ths pic for some reason, maybe it's how much of the wheel/tire is tucked inside the fender.. B)

010-1.jpg

outlaw105 the wheels are from this kit...

002-1.jpg

Lol I have to agree with that pic also . Freakin perfect !Beautiful clean build .

Edited by thumper86