Model Cars Magazine Forum

I built this truck at least 10-12 years ago. I believe it is a Monogram or Revell kit. I think I bought it with the intention of pro-streeting it until I saw the perfect color for a stock build. It has survived a move and about 2 years worth of storage. The only dissapointment is the door decals, but a little character never hurt any model. The book on the seat is a shrunken down version of the owners manuel.

post-8339-0-68464400-1310940807_thumb.jp

post-8339-0-02901000-1310940816_thumb.jp

post-8339-0-04589500-1310940823_thumb.jp

post-8339-0-30791800-1310940829_thumb.jp

post-8339-0-89657400-1310940836_thumb.jp

Nice build, good looking truck, but it's not accurate for a factory stock build. Ford did not sell pickups with bare wood beds and chrome rub strips. Their bed wood was painted black and the bed rub strips were black.

It is a very common modeling error and often occurs on 1:1 amateur restorations. Otherwise, very nice looking model!

B)

Very nice Ford Pickup! This is someting different, these are very often built Customs or something other than factory stock. Paintjob looks amazing, and color is great. I like the wheels and tires too, they look very autentic. Engine could look even better with some wiring and plumbing, but actually it doesn't matter, because this model is very nice all in all. :(

I'm sorry, I truly am, but I don't remember the color name. I built it so long ago, I don't even remember for certain, who's kit it is. Sorry.

Revell/Monogram did the kit under the Monogram name.

Edited by midnightprowler