Model Cars Magazine Forum

1932 Ford Pickup Street Machine

Ok, I got bored and with the windows drying in my Camaro, I decided to drag this out. I bought it a a thrift store for a buck, yes the sticker says twelve dollars, but that was from the hobby shop it first came from. It's a bad kit. The engine detail is pretty bad, NO DISTRIBUTER!! AGHHHHHHHHH! :lol: Well, chug along and I see what I can do to it. Oh, and the paint is a surprise. :D

106_0313.jpg

Enjoy the ride!

:)

Ok, I got bored and with the windows drying in my Camaro, I decided to drag this out. I bought it a a thrift store for a buck, yes the sticker says twelve dollars, but that was from the hobby shop it first came from. It's a bad kit. The engine detail is pretty bad, NO DISTRIBUTER!! AGHHHHHHHHH! :lol: Well, chug along and I see what I can do to it. Oh, and the paint is a surprise. :P

106_0313.jpg

Enjoy the ride!

B)

i agree. these limberg kits are horrible. i have a few and they are just garbage. but with the right amount of added parts, they come out ok.

I built one of those kits a few months ago. I hacked it up into a sort of rat rod truck with a no-putty chop, shortened bed, different wheels, and a Ford 289 from a 66 Mustang. I got the kit cheap, and had fun with it! The cheap kits are fun because you have little to lose trying wild stuff!

5578575080_2931ed29bd.jpg

I built one of those kits a few months ago. I hacked it up into a sort of rat rod truck with a no-putty chop, shortened bed, different wheels, and a Ford 289 from a 66 Mustang. I got the kit cheap, and had fun with it! The cheap kits are fun because you have little to lose trying wild stuff!

5578575080_2931ed29bd.jpg

Nice job on that build Sam, it looks good!

i agree. these limberg kits are horrible. i have a few and they are just garbage. but with the right amount of added parts, they come out ok.

Not all of them! The '64 Dodge 330 "Ramchargers", or Color Me Gone or Maverick version, they are all guite good kits. I'm positively suprised about '34 Ford Pickup too. But some of Lindberg kits are bad, but that means, there is only one way: UP! Project sounds interesting, can't wait to see progress of it. And one good Lindberg kit is '61 Impala Super Stock, both versions of it actually.

Edited by W-409

Not all of them! The '64 Dodge 330 "Ramchargers", or Color Me Gone or Maverick version, they are all guite good kits. I'm positively suprised about '34 Ford Pickup too. But some of Lindberg kits are bad, but that means, there is only one way: UP! Project sounds interesting, can't wait to see progress of it. And one good Lindberg kit is '61 Impala Super Stock, both versions of it actually.

you're right Niko those are good kits but this 32 is a dog,heres what I did with mine

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33523&view=findpost&p=338112&hl=mid+mill&fromsearch=1

think the only kit bits use were the cab which I chopped and maybe the diff

true i forgot about those. i bought 4 of them just for the slant six motors. there are way better than the old crappy fords i got from them

I'm working on a couple gasser projects using this kit.MPC's 32 Ford Switchers frame fits this model very nicely.Also AMT's 32 Ford frame fits.I'm also using AMT's 40 Willys frame on one them.The AMT 40 Willys pick up bed fits.

post-8189-0-60567500-1311122549_thumb.jp