Model Cars Magazine Forum

Galaxie 48 Chevy Sedan Delivery

wgflatliner

I'm calling this the easter egg because of the pastel colors i picked.

The kit was definitely fun and went together well. there was a light amount of body work required to the roof and hood to take care of sink marks. In the end i'm definitely happy with how it turned out.

The wood bed is balsa wood which i then painted enamel wood, and brush painted clear orange to get the stained wood look. The slats between the wood are T shaped styrene strips. Sure you can't see most of it, but i know it's there, so lol

i also chose the wayne speed equipment racing engine and went with the lowered stance.

DSC03013.jpg

DSC03012.jpg

DSC03011.jpg

DSC03010.jpg

DSC03009.jpg

DSC03008.jpg

enjoy!

i like the car but not so much on the colors though. btw. the kit must be really exspenisive and top doller though to buy.

i had a stash of paint sitting around for the day i decided to do an old car. i knew i wanted a mild custom, so i did the wood panels and then tried different colors to see what looked good, and gave the vehicle a lighter look.

the colors are growing on me a little bit.

the kit wasn't exactly top dollar by my standards. heh.. i even purchased the 80 dollar Lexus LFA kit from tamiya.

either way, thanks everybody for the comments.

• 1 year later...

I'm building two of them....they are by far them most detailed models I have ever seen. Pricey when first release, but have seen them down to $26 dollars direct from Galaxie recently. I really wish that Revell would adopt the quality and attention to detail that Galaxie and Moebius have. It would begin an new era within the hobby for sure.

I'm slapping some HoK inca Gold on one of them this weekend and really look forward to every Galaxie or Moebius release.