Model Cars Magazine Forum

1957 Chrysler 300

Olle F

Just got back into modeling after hibernating for about 10 years, and thought I would introduce myself by posting some pics of the model that made me start building again. I just couldn't resist the amount detail in this kit... as a matter of fact, it's so detailed already in the box that I decided to build it box stock. There's no aftermarked stuff or modifications on this model, all I did was to prep the parts by cleaning up mold lines etc. and use a lot of different colors to enhance the details that were already there. Hope you'll like it.

Oh, yeah... I did actually make a new licence tag for it. The decals in the kit were way too big. But that's it.

chrysler300227th7.jpg

chrysler300233pa2.jpg

chrysler300202wi2.jpg

chrysler300219yj4.jpg

chrysler300029dt2.jpg

Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind comments! But give some credit to AMT as well. I sure did have some problems with this kit (I might post a review later), but it's probably the best I have seen from any manufacturer, at least when it comes to old American cars. The frame is actually so nice that I have been thinking about building another one and detail it with brake lines, hoses, wiring etc and leave the body off. I have already got another 300C kit on my shelf, so we'll see what happens. :wink:

Stunning Build!!

That's one of the nicest buildups I've seen of that car...........and I'm

big fan of all of Chrysler's "Forward Look" '57-'59 line!

Your under chassis detail is spot on accurate, as that's how the chassis overspray looked in those days. I'd love to see you do a review of the kit as I have one to and it's on my list to build for down the road. :wink:

Hej Olle!

I see you found this forum as well. Was it because of my note about it on our Swedish model forum? The Chrysler looks stunning! Could help that red is my favorite color..... :roll: I have to try and paint something other than red on a couple of models in the near future.....

[color=darkblue]Sweet looking ride. I have to echo Mr. Obsessive's opinion of Virgil Exner's Forward Look cars from that era. They're what sent the GM boys back to the studio and tear up all that was planned for '59. Hence, the '59 Caddy and its brethren. Welcome back. Suddenly, it's 1960.