Model Cars Magazine Forum

We're having a heat wave...

Been over 100 here for the last 2 weeks and looks like it is going to last to the middle of next week. It seems cool to me as I work in a plant that gets upword in the 120's to 140's when it gets hot like this. We can't have fans and have to wear resporators while we work.

Wussy

It's 106 here as we speak, no change in sight.

;)

G

Wussy right back atcha. 106 and 10% humidity. That's kid's stuff. I've been to Vegas several times... 100 degrees plus and you don't even break a sweat in that dry desert air.

Try 95 degrees and 70% humidity and see how long you last! :D

It's been in the 90s for days here, and no rain... my lawn is a lovely shade of tan! Tomorrow the forecast is 98.

When you factor in the humidity, the "heat index" (what it feels like) will be 110.

Sheesh! ;)

Harry, don't feel bad, here in Charlotte we have had over 40 days of 90+ degree weather and might set a new record. The rain has stopped for now so I can sympathize with you on the "tan" grass! Worst part is that our soil is red clay and when it gets hot and stops raining, it dries up and my house starts shifting- making it hard to close doors and funny cracks start pop up in the drywall!

Like I tell my in-laws that moved from Arid-zona to be near us....Unlike Phoenix, this is a "wet heat"! :D

Harry, sorry, I can't feel sorry for you're lawn delemia . Look man, I live about an hour south of Washington D C . I also used to manufacture cabinets in a METAL CORRIGATED building in Houston . Now , try out living in Houston or D C for one year and tell me bout yer problems ........... Now , if ya come here for a visit , I'll fix ya some Home Made Lemmonade , YUMMMM GOOD !!!!!! Ed Shaver

This keeps up one more night, I'll be sleeping in my truck with the A/C on full blast, as my home unit isn't quite up to snuff!

So if you see a Ford F-250 idling somewhere at night, and there's a (possibly nude) guy sleeping on the seat, worry not, it will just be me! :)

Guest Johnny

How about that weird fog off the lake today Harry? Got lost in it on LSD!:P

Might be bringing the wife home tomorrow. Kind of nervous about it afraid the heat will get to the car and strand us with no AC!:)

How about that weird fog off the lake today Harry?

Yeah, what was the deal with that?? :):P I seen them mention it on The Weather Channel, but didn't get to see the story about it.

This keeps up one more night, I'll be sleeping in my truck with the A/C on full blast, as my home unit isn't quite up to snuff!

So if you see a Ford F-250 idling somewhere at night, and there's a (possibly nude) guy sleeping on the seat, worry not, it will just be me! :P

Thanks for the visual Chuck! :D

Perfect weather for sitting at the workbench in the COOL basement! :)

How about that weird fog off the lake today Harry? Got lost in it on LSD!:P

Might be bringing the wife home tomorrow. Kind of nervous about it afraid the heat will get to the car and strand us with no AC!:)

Yeah, a bazillion degrees and they close the beaches because the lifeguards said they can't see the swimmers through the fog! :D