Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Monte Carlo Pro Street

Railfreak78

Hey everyone! This is mainly a parts box build up. I started out with the Fast and Furious Monte Carlo and modified a pro street chassis. I had to work the body in the blind spots a lot to allow the tubs as well. It has the kit 454 engine. has a little aftermarket like Detail Master ignition wires, distributor, and air cleaner. The paint is Testors Lacquer one shot "Mythical Maroon" with wet look clear coat. I hope you like it. I had fun as I normally do not do pro street cars.

DSC01317.jpg

DSC01316.jpg

DSC01315.jpg

DSC01314.jpg

DSC01326.jpg

DSC01308.jpg

DSC01306.jpg

DSC01304.jpg

Looks good! I like the color on it, and paintjob is very nice too. Mickey Thompson tires look very good. Engine detailing is great also. Add some black wash to the grille, and it will look even better. Stance is very good, and wheels are nice. Great build. B)

The chassis was a Dodge product of some type. I lean towards the possibility of it being from a 1970 Coronet. It was under a built 66 Charger I bought so I am not sure. The wheels were parts box and I am not sure what kit they are originally from. I wish I knew. Oh and as far as the blackwash on the grille, I did it 7 times and was never happy with it on this car. The grille is so shallow in detail molding that I'm struggling with this one.

The chassis was a Dodge product of some type. I lean towards the possibility of it being from a 1970 Coronet. It was under a built 66 Charger I bought so I am not sure. The wheels were parts box and I am not sure what kit they are originally from. I wish I knew. Oh and as far as the blackwash on the grille, I did it 7 times and was never happy with it on this car. The grille is so shallow in detail molding that I'm struggling with this one.

Did you try using The Detailer wash? It is quite thick and gives better results sometimes than a standard wash. Works for me.