Model Cars Magazine Forum

Magnum of a different color

Randy Kern

I love old station wagons, so I decided to put a retro color on a new Magnum. Dodge or Plymouth probably had a color similar to this, with a white top. I went with a newer looking silver top, though. Paint is Dupli-Color Alpine Green Pearl with H.O.K. silver basecoat on the top.

IMG_3251.jpg

IMG_3250.jpg

IMG_3249.jpg

IMG_3257.jpg

IMG_3252.jpg

IMG_3259.jpg

This kit builds up nicely, which I did completely out of box. I did paint the kit guitar, but I also did this PSF Hobbies resin Gibson 335, that I made as an Eric Clapton Crossroads model. I'll get Mr. Geary to help me put the strings on :wink:

All that nice work and you didn't wire the gee-tar?! Sheesh!

I do like the tu-tone. The lines of the car are nicely complimented that way. It's a very sharp looking, clean build. Dang fine work, as usual!

As an aside, has anybody hacked into one of these to make a Ute out of it? I don't know why that just popped into my head, but I figured I'd ask.

That's right Bill, I remember you saying that about the coax shielding. I might have to try that before my eyes get any worse! The kit is great, with virtually no fit-up problems. Two things, though. If you use the kit tailgate hinge, make sure you file around the pins where the clamp glues on. This will give you room to open it after it's painted, and won't scratch the roof. It will still hold up on it's own as you can see. There is even a small tab on the tailgate inner panel that makes the tailgate snap shut slightly! I also didn't use the metal axles and pins, and could adjust and lower the wheels as needed. I lowered the front as much as I could to get a little 'Arter Rake' on it! Thanks for the comments, and I may just do another like Dan suggested. El Camagnum? :wink: