Model Cars Magazine Forum

Harley Davidson Top Fuel 1/4 Mile Drag Bike

Spectacular, amazing, stupendous, exquisite, phenominal, slendid, and unbelievable......are just a few words that come to mind. Since this is not a actual bike, how the the final version come out compared to what you envisioned in the beginning?

Wow John, another gorgeous build!!!!!!!!! How did you make the header wrap?

Ben......the header wrap is medical bandage wrap again......but,it has a different texture on the bandage......then I airbrushed Tamiya "Titanium" over the wrap then a wash with "Folk Art' black acrylic water based paint......thanks

Mike......yes,Alclad airbrushed over the clear coat......thank`s.

John..your work is simply AMAZING !!!!!!!!! Another one for the books !! And I would still like to see a tutorial on the hinges for that Rolls Royce. If at all possible. Really enjoy looking at your builds.

Edited by vaughn

Amazing job with it! Great to see these Drag bikes, especially when they are Harleys! This build is awesome, frame looks GOOD, and body is simply outstanding. I can't believe that those are scratchbuilt, they are so nicely done. Detailing is superb, is that engine running? Looks like it. :lol: You must know very much about these engines, and details of them. Great job, it's truly AMAZING build. I wish, I could build like that someday...

John as usual you did another outstanding build. I really enjoying watching this build come to life. Your skills are amazing and I can't say enough about your builds. Thanks again for sharing it with us. I look forward to seeing this in person. I am also looking forward to your next project that you are planning on building. I also love the back ground that you use on all of your pics, its definitely a great photo spot.

You did a great job my friend!

• 10 years later...

It's been a LONG time since I was on this Forum.   I saw John's HD on Pinterest, and after updating my password, "rejoined" the Forum.  I tried to update my profile, and include my FaceBook page name, but got error messages, I think, from FaceBook.  But, if you get a minute you can check it out on FB under "MICHAEL EUGENE HENLEY".  I posted once about the project I mention below, and there is more info on my work on the page.  I want to examine this build very closely, because I have a bad case of "Modeler's Block" on a project I started.  I am trying to convert a 1/6th scale "New Ray" Triumph Bonneville, (Stock, and originally sold as a toy) to a Steve McQueen style Desert Racer.  I got all my research and planning done, but ran into trouble working with larger brass tubing and rod (3/16"---7/32" etc.) than I am used to.  I am hoping I can pick up enough tips from this forum to get back to building this large beast.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.   I know this is not a new thread, and I might have to try posting elsewhere on this subject, which I will do if I don't see any response here.  Thanks.  Mike