Model Cars Magazine Forum

1934 Ford Woodie wagon.

GTMust

Thanks, Tony. The Hunter Green is a little darker and less gray than the Vineyard Green, but I think it looks very nice on this, especially with the wood.

I'm really enjoying this.

Charlie Larkin

Yes... my green is definitely not a factory color...... but then, neither is the wood! I agree that the two colors seem to go well together. Just a happy coincidence.........

Tony

• 2 years later...

I know this is a very old thread, but for the record:

The roofs of woodies that I have seen are made something like the keel of a wooden boat -- crossbeams with the proper curvature are cut and run from side to side; wooden planking is laid over them running from front to back, then the canvas is put over it all.

I agree!

But then I have a few woody projects that stalled in this stage too so... I have no foot to stand on.

You're right Jairus. This project came to a grinding halt when the woodgrain vinyl paper panelling started to delaminate! I put it away, thinking I would get back to it and re-do it with real wood...... but got sidetracked into other builds and dioramas and never did.

My workbench is currently covered in a bunch of other unfinished projects... and I keep starting more new ones! Sometimes it's just the challenge of finding ways to do things and, once that's achieved, finishing the build gets put on the back burner......

Maybe the recent interest may bring it back out again? Who knows?

Tony

My workbench is currently covered in a bunch of other unfinished projects... and I keep starting more new ones! Sometimes it's just the challenge of finding ways to do things and, once that's achieved, finishing the build gets put on the back burner......

Tony

Been there hundreds of times. The amount of unfinished models I have is unreal. But every once in a wile I pick one up and finish it up. I think it would be cool to grab this one by the horns and take it all the way.