Model Cars Magazine Forum

Looking for Parts for Revell 1/12 Choppers.....

I do have a 300 MM Metzeler conversion for sale. It includes a wide fender and parts to widen the frame and space the primary drive out far enough to clear the tire. It goes for $24.95 plus $5.00 shipping. I have some on Ebay right now. They are not on the website yet. I do sell direct-contact me at modelmartin@comcast.net

metzeler002-vi.jpg

metzeler004-vi.jpg

Many of the Replicas & Miniatures Co. of Md. (Norm Veber) 1/12th scale chopper parts can be seen here:

http://public.fotki.com/mamaprez/lyles_model_cars/motorcycles__race_cars/

Wow, Lyle. Your stuff! Very nice work. "That 70's Bike" is a mind blower. I totaly hate those kinds of bikes, but your model is fantastic. Really enjoyed looking at it. Great work.

Matt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hELLO I BOUGHT THIS KIT OFF EBAY AND WAS WONDERING WHATS THE BEST WAY TO CLEAN IT BEFORE PAINTING I HAVE NEVER USED RESIN PLEASE HELP ME IF YOU CAN THANKS

You can go to the tips section on this forum, & if it isn't already on there, someone would be more than happy to answer you questions.

Edited by Casey

• 1 year later...

Hey Gang,

I am looking for parts for the 1/12 Revell Choppers, I thought I had read somewhere that someone was making Weber carbs, forks, air cleaners, etc. for these. Anybody know who makes any aftermarket parts besides the 300 rear tire conversion? Looking for just about anything to spice these bikes up, a little bare for my tastes, but still a lot of fun. Any help is appreciated. thanks.

Mike

Edited by bigmikevee

Hey Matthew,

How is my buddy doing, hope things are going well with you, know you were a little down, really glad to hear from you!!

Ok, there is a guy names Metzler, Metzer (please no disrespect intended here, just can't remember his name) who I read makes a resin rear-wheel conversion kit with the wheel, tire and fender included for these bikes. I was going to try him for other parts, but I can't find him. I think he is the guy I was thinking of for the Webers as well, I am going to try and search online some more. Hopefully this will trigger someone's memory, I have never seen 300's on a bike, but saw a picture of them as packaged and they really looked good. Somebody to the rescue!!

Hang in there Highway, if I find out more, I'll update, you do the same. See ya Matthew, and thanks to everyone who is going to get into the search with us.

Mike

I'm doing better, things are finally improving slightly here, I'm starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel! :D

Anyway, back on topic, I'll definitely be watching this and hoping it will jog someone's memory. I have plans to try and get some more of these in the future and the 300 tire would be great for a few of my wild ideas! :o

Hey Matthew,

Bingo, I found it. Don't know how to copy a link, but go to resin under forum catagories and look for resin parts for 1/12 choppers, has picture of bike with tire, and info about Replica's & Miniatures, we are on a quest. Send me a PM whenever you get a chance so I can learn how to copy links. Thanks Highway.

Mike

Norm Veber of Replicas in Miniatures of Maryland makes the Revell Chopper Parts. Last NNL east he did not bring any and told me he doesn't keep them in stock because they stopped selling. Though I am pretty sure he'd make whatever you need if you requested it. He made me a 67 Mustang kit (rear panel, non gt grill, etc) and he does not stock that either.

He also has a couple tanks. This one has the RMM carb and tank. The air cleaner he has is real nice but I chose this one.

DSCF0321.jpg

I do have a 300 MM Metzeler conversion for sale. It includes a wide fender and parts to widen the frame and space the primary drive out far enough to clear the tire. It goes for $24.95 plus $5.00 shipping. I have some on Ebay right now. They are not on the website yet. I do sell direct-contact me at modelmartin@comcast.net

metzeler002-vi.jpg

metzeler004-vi.jpg

Modelmartin, do you still sell these?