Model Cars Magazine Forum

What's next from Round 2?

Hey hey hey... So now Jim B. tells us that Round 2 is re-issuing the original Diamond Reo kit. Round 2 has been re-releasing the old AMT trucks pretty steadily since 2008. 2011 is seeing 5 of them. What does 2012 hold for us? Mind you, this question might have been asked already elsewhere on the forum... So anyway, which kit do you think should or would be re-issued next? Pick your top 5. I'm sure I missed some, so feel free to add what's missing! :(

Let's see, what's left?

Autocar A64B

Autocar Dump truck

Chevrolet Bison/GMC General

GMC Astro with turbine engine!!

Ford Louisville single drive straight truck with box van

International Transtar 4070

International Transtar 4200

International Transtar II

International S-series tractor

International S-series Dump truck

International Paystar tractor

International Paystar cement mixer

International Paystar Dump truck

Kenworth W925 (Watkins or Movin'on)

Kenworth K100 Aerodyne

Kenworth Tyrone Malone Racers

Kenworth Tyrone Malone Race Haulers

Kenworth cement mixer

Mack R600

Mack DM600

Mack DM800

Mack Cruiseliner

Mack DM800 cement mixer

Peterbilt 352

Peterbilt Turnpiker

Peterbilt 359 California Hauler with DD 8V-71

Peterbilt 359 Tow truck

Peterbilt 359 with 1100 series cab with Cummins 350

Peterbilt 359 with 1100 series cab with Cummins 350 tow truck

White Western Star

White Freightliner single drive daycab

Trailers?

Fruehauf reefer (Watkins)

3 axle Dumper

3 axle lowboy

Fruehauf exterior post van

twin pup box vans with dolly

I don't think we'll ever see the Kenworth W925 again, Rumor has it that AMT changed the molds to make the T600. I think the double 27ft vans were recently reissued by Round2, but I could be wrong.

I'd like to see:

White Freightliner SD

Peterbilt 352

Great Dane Van/Reefer

Funny thing is, I'm not really a big COE fan, but I realize their historic significance to the trucking industry.

Coors Kenworth K123

Mack Cruiseliner

Wilson Livestock Van

International 9670 1:32

Ford C-600 Refuse truck (not sure if that counts since it was never issued)

The only trucks I can think of that you are missing is the Lowboy with cat d8h and then the 1:32 and 1:43 scale kits.

1:32 BJ And The Bear Kenworth Aerodyne

1:43 Kenworth k100 released as pepsi and goodyear

1:43 Peterbilt 359 released as 7-up, KMART And dannon yogurt.

1:43 Peterbilt wrecker

1:43 exterior post van

1:43 freuhauf reefer

1:32 VOLVO N-10 coca cola

1:32 w900 aerodyne

1:32 ford ltl900

1:32 ford cl9000

1:32 peterbilt "schockwave"

1:32 Mack superliner wrecker

1:32 trailmobile reefer

Good catch Justin! The Wilson trailer, and that Caterpillar dozer would be great candidates, the dozer WITH the original Cat decals please... The refuse truck? Why not! Let it be known these kits are wanted. There were a bunch of smaller scale trucks too, good addition.

i like cabovers more than conventionals so i'd really like to see the K100 Aerodyne and the Peterbilt 352, the Turnpiker would also be cool but would it sell enough to make it worthwhile?

i'd absolutely love to see the Alaskan Hauler re-issued :lol:

I think the A/H would be lucrative considering how popular Ice Road Truckers is, and the fact that this show has made the price jump on the old A/H's

but yeah I think the Kenworth tools were lost long ago to the t600

oh and my list

Kenworth W925

Kenworth K100

Peterbilt 352

Peterbilt Turnpiker

Mack Cruiseliner

shoot, i'll take anything not recently released at this point

Edited by Gray Smith

I think the A/H would be lucrative considering how popular Ice Road Truckers is, and the fact that this show has made the price jump on the old A/H's

but yeah I think the Kenworth tools were lost long ago to the t600

oh and my list

Kenworth W925

Kenworth K100

Peterbilt 352

Peterbilt Turnpiker

Mack Cruiseliner

shoot, i'll take anything not recently released at this point

The Alaskan Hauler is another great kit. Lots of stuff could be used for kitbash as well. What would be good about a re-issued Kanepa Kenworth is the updated cab and sleeper, with a little fiddling it would make a real nice base for a W900L with the correct hood and front suspension.

AMT Didn't change the W925 into the T600, Ertl did. Ertl owned the toolings and modified the AMT kit.

Tim

I don't think we'll ever see the Kenworth W925 again, Rumor has it that AMT changed the molds to make the T600. I think the double 27ft vans were recently reissued by Round2, but I could be wrong.

Guest Markus355

i personally wqould love to see the bulldozer amt did reissued. and the pete 352.

and a reasonably priced lowboy trailer..

Got to admit that R2 is doing a fantastic job right now with all those great truck kits reissues,(in original boxes), since 2008. The following Looong gone kits (20-25+++++ years) would also be nice. All gone since the 80's:

AMT:

-White Western Star...Really tought that this one was next on R2 list,gone since the early 80's.

-Pete 352 "Turnpiker".

-KW W925 Alaskan Hauler (one of AMT's best tractor kit ever)...total dream to see this one back for sure, but we can dream!

-KW K100 Aero, Tyron Malone's "PAPA/Hideout" trucks.

-Ford CL/LTL 9000, 1/32 Snapers, gone since the mid 80's.

ERTL:

-IH Paystar 5000 "Logger" with log trailer in same Combo box....rare combo..loooooooooooong time no see!

-IH F-2575 "S" series...decades I've seen this one!

-IH 9670 COE, 1/32 snapper.

MPC:

-Mack DM 800/Gravel trailer, in COMBO box.

-Mack DM 800 Ready Mix.

...AMT(ERTL) KW T600...NO thanks!!! :P:P:P

It would seem to me that sense the Autocar and the Road Boss and now the Reo,that the old Westernstar would be next sense they share some of the same parts trees.I want the old IH 4270,tha Cat D8 and all of the farm tractors that ERTL did>i have some of the farm tractors and there sub kits.I think in time will see most of the kits re issued.Thanks,Chris

I want to offer my thanks to Round2 for remembering us truck modelers, and going through the work to re-release these trucks from our past. I wonder how offering just some of the truck "bodies"would sell? I'm referring to offering just the cement mixer, or a dump truck body, flat bed body, etc. That way we could be free to place them on whatever truck we wanted. I also wish that they'd release some of their original artwork as pictures that we could hang on our walls..

What would be my 5 trucks?

White Western Star

Pete 352 in the original box. This one might actually appear as it was done as a limited release along with a White Freightliner SD a few years ago.

I.H. S series tractor

I.H. S series dump truck

Ford L series race car hauler

Ain't sure who posted it, but on the Round 2 page, there is a little bit about them re-releasing the elusive White Westrn Star. Stevens Hobby released the Autocar A64B in 07-08, and a couple more. Would be cool to see the bodies, That might sell well also!

It would seem to me that sense the Autocar and the Road Boss and now the Reo,that the old Westernstar would be next sense they share some of the same parts trees.I want the old IH 4270,tha Cat D8 and all of the farm tractors that ERTL did>i have some of the farm tractors and there sub kits.I think in time will see most of the kits re issued.Thanks,Chris

To me, it seems Round 2 is deploying the old AMT kits in a similar fashion as AMT themselves did in the 70's, though not in the same order. The fact that these truck kits are re-issued is great for us. I have to agree that Round 2 is doing a great job of the old casting tools. I don't know how much work it is to adjust these tools but the kits I bought up to now have next to no flash, warp is at a minimum, the "glass", colored glass and chrome parts are all wrapped individually, the chrome on parts is very good and the decals are of good quality now.

These kits are better than they originally were!

So, if the Alaskan Hauler comes out, I better get one. This is one popular choice! :lol:

The transtar cabovers

Double trailers

Cabover Pete

Watkins reefer(probably wouldn't have the Watkins decals though since them and Viking freight merged into fedex national ltl and there now part of Fedex freight.)

and why couldn't there be a generic version of Tyrone Malone's trucks I would love to have the hideout and papa truck but wouldn't use the decals anyways

With all the Tractor kits being re-issued, what we really need are trailers...

1) Great Dane Reefer

2) Great Dane Dry Van

3) Livestock Trailer

4) Allied Moving Van

5) almost forgot, Auto Haulaway Trailer

And just because it has been needed for so long, a brand new 53 ft. Reefer/ Dry van...

Edited by billb

I would buy:

The cornbinder "S" series trucks (I have several projects in mind when they do finally re-release those).

I'd buy a few GMC General/Chevy Bisons....make great fleet trucks.

The w-900 alaskan hauler kit.....originally, I didnt like that there was no chrome , now I realize how much time they were really saving me (prolly buy 3 of those).

the pete cabover....that was one of the easiest kits I ever built as a kid...it went together so well.

brinx