Model Cars Magazine Forum

Clark Gas Station Project

Repstock

• 3 weeks later...

WOW! I'm glad I decided to post this build. I had no idea it would interest so many. It's been great hearing from everyone, and I've enjoyed "meeting" people who have helped with research. This is quite the positive group!

I have two cars I want to get painted while it's still warm, and another master to produce, so I will just be picking at this for awhile. If I do something worthy of your notice, I'll be sure and post.

Thanks for the support and encouragement, everyone!

I am glad to catch up with this again. Just a terrific job on this. i'm glad it's shown in it's prime, there was a time when it mattered to keep things looking clean. I love the utilities (elec. and gas meter) Beautiful job Tom, I look forward to seeing your Texaco project as it evolves (or whatever else you do!)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

In my long tradition of doing everything at least twice, I re-did the Clark logo on the station because it wasn't as bright as the SUPER 100. When I made the original logo, there were no plans to light the model. Here are pics with the new, improved logo...

FixedTheLogo1.jpgFixedTheLogo.jpgFixedTheLogo2.jpg

Looks like you "nailed it" Tom, awesome job on that Clark station.

• 3 weeks later...

ClarkSignMain.jpg

Basic sign is together. This should be a joy to mask and paint!

I had the station sitting on the floor of my micro sized model room. When I swivelled in my chair, the station was caught between the chair and the wall, and the gatorboard was crushed. Repairs are underway. All damage was on areas covered by brick, so I should be able to make the repairs undetectable. It's just aggravating to fix something that was fine to begin with. I'll have to carry stuff I'm not working on into the next room, to prevent this sort of thing from happening again. This picture was taken before the damage.

I am glad it occured early in the build when it will be easier to fix.

phenomenal!

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you everyone for your kind words. The station is just sitting in the showcase. I've got two masters to build for resin casters, and I'm working on Rocky's GMC truck for my Rockford Files diorama. I hope to get some of these older projects finished someday!

• 1 month later...