Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Olds Toronado............

Space Cowboy

This is really great model! Clean build. Paintjob and color are looking really cool, and that grille is really nicely washed with black. It's looking very realistic. I like the overall look, and the engine is nice, and I like the seats on the interior, and the headrests. (or what are they called...) Nice model, keep these coming. I like watching these your builds, and they are coming fast, but they look still nice. :huh:

What so mpressed me about this car was the "Over- the Top " engineering " that was in this car. I worked on several of these cars when they were fairly new . . I saw steering boxes , suspension and a transfer case that was well excicuted and designened to withstand much more than the 455 would ever produce . Ed Shaver

Ed, if you remember-------Oldsmobile was once GM's technology leader. Whatever GM wanted to introduce new, Olds was usually one of the divisions to get it first.

Automatic trans, hardtop styling, OHV V8's, wraparound windshields, autronic eye headlights, FWD-------etc.

What did Oldsmobile in was GM stopped letting them be the leader, and let them become an also ran like all the other companies. I'll say that Olds started to die a slow death starting in the '70's sadly. :)