Model Cars Magazine Forum

Is the forum moving backwards? Are we seriously to 5 pics per post?

If so, that really bites. It takes long enough to post with dialup, much less having to make 2 posts to share pics of my builds. I usually share about 9 pics or so.

Gee.....you might have to make a couple of posts....

This Forum is going FORWARD so lets drop dialup...the other forum is 3 pictures per post...5 seems quite fair

Then again I am a troublemaker...so NBD.......

Well, EXCUSE ME for being in a financial position to not be able to afford high speed! B) And who cares about how many the other forum lets you post, this isnt that forum.

Well, EXCUSE ME for being in a financial position to not be able to afford high speed!

You know, I for one am getting a little sick of the "woe is me I can't afford it" stuff all the time!! Do you think you are the only one on this forum going through hard times right now??

I have been, as I've seen you post in the past, unemployed for over 2 years and as of the first part of June, I lost my unemployment benefits COMPLETELY!! The only income in my household right now is what my fiancee gets paid from her part time job, and that is just about enough to keep the rent paid and the lights on. I'd be willing to bet too that we are not the only 2 members of the forum having these problems either, but I don't see anyone else but you that brings it up on nearly a daily basis, and frankly I, for one, am getting a little sick of it. Times are tough everywhere, and finding a new job is tough everywhere too, but geez,

STOP WHINING ABOUT IT!!!!

Oh, and by the way, even though we just had our home phone shut off because we couldn't afford it, we still have BROADBAND CABLE INTERNET!!!

It is not really about comparing it to other forums, although I am/was on other forums where the amount of pictures per post is unlimited.

We were here at 10 pics per post, which seems quite doable, even though I would've seen that number higher. The main-reason that it was being limited, was for the dial-up guys. Nowadays, dial-up seems to fade away in the history books and the few exceptions even complain, because of the limited amount of pictures.

Maybe it is a forum-default setting when they changed it to the new lay-out. Hopefully we can restore it to 10 pics again or even better; unlimited. The fact is that it doesn't really work anyway. People with more than 5 or 10 pics, will post more replies, so the amount of pictures will be the same, just more annoyance and posts.

5 is the default and possible cap with the new version of IP board. Give Greg, Harry, and whoever else helps with the boards time to play around with the new setup before you start going off on the way things are.

Perhaps instead of saying are we going backwards in yet another post about the new boards you could have sent a pm to Greg asking about raising the limit back to 10 (he may not even realize it isn't 10 anymore). Then you could have not only gotten to the one person that can actually change something but also avoided the useless back and forth that is now happening.

Also I sincerly hope they never go to unlimited photos their are already enough blurry out of focus horrible photos being posted every day without letting people post up an unlimited amount of said photos.

Edited by ra7c7er

You know, I for one am getting a little sick of the "woe is me I can't afford it" stuff all the time!! Do you think you are the only one on this forum going through hard times right now??

I have been, as I've seen you post in the past, unemployed for over 2 years and as of the first part of June, I lost my unemployment benefits COMPLETELY!! The only income in my household right now is what my fiancee gets paid from her part time job, and that is just about enough to keep the rent paid and the lights on. I'd be willing to bet too that we are not the only 2 members of the forum having these problems either, but I don't see anyone else but you that brings it up on nearly a daily basis, and frankly I, for one, am getting a little sick of it. Times are tough everywhere, and finding a new job is tough everywhere too, but geez,

STOP WHINING ABOUT IT!!!!

Oh, and by the way, even though we just had our home phone shut off because we couldn't afford it, we still have BROADBAND CABLE INTERNET!!!

If you had taken time to really read this, you would see I was simply responding to someone saying get rid of dialup. I was not whining sir. The cheapest high speed out here is over 70 bucks a month. I get dialup with phone for under 20. Get off my rear. I never said I was the only one wioth troubles. Good lord. One cant even express a opinion or how they are feeling here. This forum is getting really anal.

Edited by midnightprowler

If you had taken time to really read this, you would see I was simply responding to someone saying get rid of dialup. I was not whining sir. The cheapest high speed out here is over 70 bucks a month. I get dialup with phone for under 20. Get off my rear. I never said I was the only one wioth troubles. Good lord. One cant even express a opinion or how they are feeling here. This forum is getting really anal.

You might want to re-price that internet service, doing a quick search I found Qwest offering it to the town in your profile for $25/mo. Being on the edge of THE major metro area, I doubt DSL is your only option either.

However I believe Matt's point is that anytime anyone mentions money around here you seem to chime in with how broke you are. We get it. You can attempt to claim that you don't, but you're the only person here to ever scream at the entire forum that Revell needs to make new tooling, because you can't afford two model kits to combine together - Famously - "What part of that don't you understand?!?!?"

Oh well if anyone needs me I'll be pawing through the big box of kits I just imported directly from Japan.

Well, EXCUSE ME for being in a financial position to not be able to afford high speed! :angry: And who cares about how many the other forum lets you post, this isnt that forum.

Lee..calm down......It is still quicker with dialup to post 3 pix and do it 3 times, rather than 9 at once. I'm sorry that WE haven't worked for a while..I have no IRA or life insurance left, and am close to losing my house...BUT I'm not asking for help or whining.

Look into DSL...you might be surprised. But reality does say its 2011 and dialup is dead :wacko: :wacko:

I will never, ever, understand why people post blurry digital photos here or anywhere else. You can keep taking pictures over and over until you get them in focus. That's one of the big advantages of digital, you don't take 24 pictures then have to wait a week to see how they came out...you can keep the good ones and throw the others away right away. I'll take 5 in-focus pictures over unlimited "Blair Witch Model Project" in-motion shots any day.

Mark, ya done said a "MOUTHFUL " Brutha !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh by the way, GREAT POST TOO. Ed Shaver

Depending where you live, dial-up is your only option.I went broadband now that my house is paid for,and I'll never go back to dial-up.I'll go without first.Verizon told me I have old phone lines on my road but they charge modern prices, go figure.

Depending where you live, dial-up is your only option.I went broadband now that my house is paid for,and I'll never go back to dial-up.I'll go without first.Verizon told me I have old phone lines on my road but they charge modern prices, go figure.

We had dial up because they never offered it out here. Then all of a sudden they decided it was offered.

And we have old crappy phone lines too, the internet out here is bad but better than dial up.

Not trying to steal a thread but it seems to have moved towards who has the best connection any way,I live out in the boonies(Mail gets here by carrier pigeon,LOL) And the only option here was dialup,after dealing with it for years I finally droped it,at the time it was costing me 60 a month for the phone and 30 for internet.And it was so slow posting was a pain in the rear and that was without loading pictures.Then a company called cleartalk came out with unlimited broadband for 60 dollars down first two months service included then 30 bucks a month,and from what I can tell the speeds are real close to my brothers dsl.Its not everywere yet but there is a few states as far out as Cali that have it Lookup clear talk and see if you can get it were your at.

BTW: I love the way the new update has the box at the bottom of the thread were you can post a message from there,Wish all sites had that.

Edited by hemi

I don't mind the pic limit whatever it may be ,, what drives me bonkers is when people repost(quote) the entire set in the following replys..thats just plain silly and a waste of bandwidth more than anything to the dial up people

Especially now, when all you have to do to reply is put the cursor in the box at the bottom of the last post and hit 'post'! ;)

Guest Markus355

I will never, ever, understand why people post blurry digital photos here or anywhere else. You can keep taking pictures over and over until you get them in focus. That's one of the big advantages of digital, you don't take 24 pictures then have to wait a week to see how they came out...you can keep the good ones and throw the others away right away. I'll take 5 in-focus pictures over unlimited "Blair Witch Model Project" in-motion shots any day.

ditto. Ditch the sphincter-cam shots everyone!

There may be a cap on images per post, but there's no cap on total images per thread. As Mike the Maniac noted, just add more to a new post, as they do at SAM. That's easier than before now that a topic reply box is ready to go at the bottom of the thread.

And I agree with those who think the cap will reduce the problems where people want to quote pictures, and perhaps make people a bit more selective with the images they post.