Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1950 Ford F1

Nice clean build, not sure if you were going for a satin paint finish, but it looks good. If you are going for a more glossy look, a few coats of clear and a little polishing goes a long way. If you want to improve, just focus more on the little details of the build, all the little chrome details on the 1:1 vehicles, things like sanding the tire tread and painting brakes a different color...Getting lots of reference photos is very helpful in any build, so on your next build, find lots of photos of the real deal, study them well and maybe try to replicate the details you see. But most importantly, take is slow & easy and enjoy the build!

Nice clean build, not sure if you were going for a satin paint finish, but it looks good. If you are going for a more glossy look, a few coats of clear and a little polishing goes a long way. If you want to improve, just focus more on the little details of the build, all the little chrome details on the 1:1 vehicles, things like sanding the tire tread and painting brakes a different color...Getting lots of reference photos is very helpful in any build, so on your next build, find lots of photos of the real deal, study them well and maybe try to replicate the details you see. But most importantly, take is slow & easy and enjoy the build!

Thank you sir that was exactly what I was looking for!

Looks like a nice build!

The basics are a great place to start when looking to improve - sanding mold lines (and making sure to smooth out any sanding marks), filling ejector pin marks and sink marks, test fitting parts, cutting parts from the sprue trees and removing the tag, etc.

Do you use spray cans or do you have an airbrush? Each requires some preparation depending on the type of paints used. Getting the plastic on the body smooth, then priming and painting take some experience and experimentation. There are lots of reference materials available online when it comes to paint and building. Don't hesitate to ask questions here, too.

Don't forget your health and safety. Most importantly. Sanding creates dust, paint and glue can be toxic. Use eye protection, dust masks and make sure you spray paint outside or use a proper spray booth so the fumes don't affect others in the house. A dedicated workspace is helpful, but I've had times where I uses a TV tray while I worked on a model and had to put it all away when I was done until the next time. I'm fortunate to have a workspace in the basement now. Take your time and build with safety in mind. Just as important as health...have fun!!

Ive been using rattle cans till I can afford a decent airbrush set. Its testors spray enamels and krylon gray primer. And I have my own workspace/man cave

26bf09da.jpg

Just picked up a few odds and ends at my LHS too, sanding sticks, thinner, testors lacquer (Fiery Orange), and a new kit. Revell 70' Mustang Boss 429 3n1 kit.