Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram 1940 Ford pickup

Well I dug up a couple old Monogram '40 Ford pickups from a box junk stash a friend gave me, one was the old Lemon Crate and the other a re-release in red. Both were in ruins but I had enough parts to get one together. (mostly from the red kit)

I used a Revell 5.0 HO Ford engine from the parts box, painted it Dark Bronze Metallic. Two tone tan/brown interior, lowered the rear and added bigger tires. The tonneau cover is also from the parts bin.

I will try to get it out in the sun tomorrow for some better photos. Hope everyone likes it!

DSCF0398.jpg

DSCF0395.jpg

DSCF0400.jpg

DSCF0397.jpg

DSCF0399.jpg

Edited by Sam Cates

Not my type of subject, but that is a beautiful piece of work, all around. While I don't like basic metallic paints at this scale, this bronze gives it a great custom metalflake look. Nice door upholstery and door frame detail. Congratulations.

very cool truck. and revelle is remaking this same truck again just with a blue color in the pic. it will be released in fall this year. i hope this one is not going to be a pain in the butt this time. but who knows? huh nice METALLICA poster in the background my mom likes that heavy metal band.

very cool truck. and revelle is remaking this same truck again just with a blue color in the pic. it will be released in fall this year. i hope this one is not going to be a pain in the butt this time. but who knows? huh nice METALLICA poster in the background my mom likes that heavy metal band.

Thanks! I saw it in the fall releases, I am going to snag a few of them, a couple to build and some for bashing. Of course I am going to have a spending spree when the fall releases hit the shelves anyway!