Model Cars Magazine Forum

Florida car/truck builders August meeting pics.

Here is a link to the pics. from the August meeting for the new club known as FAST. It stands for Florida Auto and Scale Truck builders. This is a newly formed club based out of the Ocala area (North of orlando along I-75). If I am correct this would probably be the second formal meeting of this new group. A good turnout with probably about 20 in attendance. Watch for more to transpire from this new club in future months.

http://public.fotki.com/1320wayne/fast-club-meetings/august-fast-meeting/

Thanks for the posting and pics, Wayne. That hemi you're building is fantastic and the decals are unreal.

Rob, you'll just have to come up for a Fast meeting to see that T-Bird. I don't know if John (builder) does MCM. I don't think he does.

FAST is up & running with 14 paid members and we're also going to be an IPMS chapter. Meetings will be held on the 1st Saturday of every month at 10:00am. Most of the meetings will be held at the Hobby Lobby in Ocala, but occasionally we'll meet at other locations. In December we're supposed to meet in Orlando.

I will try to make some meetings Jim, but I just honestly don't have the time right now, even if the meetings we across the street from the house. I have three months left on my contract and they are piling up the OT for us temps because we are paid from a different bucket than the permanent people, and they have cut their OT to nil. Also I have an outside chance of getting hired by Honeywell, so I'm not gonna say no. I'll keep you posted. Hopefully I'll see some of you guys at the Tampa and Pinellas Park shows this year.

Virgil, I know that the MAGS guys throw one in Gainesville in the spring and the Jacksonville IPMS chapter does Jaxcon in February, and I always try to make that one. I know either would be a three hour trip for you and the Tampa shows almost five. Hope to see you some time.