Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jolly Roger Merc - back on the bench 8/30/15

Jantrix

Okay body panels are primered. I'll throw some flat black tomorrow.

2012-04-30144338.jpg

2012-04-30144306.jpg

This is my pal Zuzu, my constant workshop companion. We rescued him from some pretty lousy conditions & poor health and he's never stopped showing us how much he appreciates it.

Quick update. The body is in flat black tonight. I'm going to let that cure for at least a couple three days because I will have a lot of masking to do for the mural and if I peel up paint with my masking I'm going to scream like a little girl, throw myself to the floor and throw a tantrum. And no one wants to see that. I still have some engine work to do, my rum barrel, my pirates chest, my skeleton. Not to mention the mural designs which I will draw on paper first.

ALSO- IF ANYONE HAS A BEER STEIN SHIFTER FROM THE TOM DANIELS BEER TRUCK, I'D LIKE TO GET MY HANDS ON TWO. WHAT USE IS A BARREL OF RUM WITHOUT A MUG TO DRINK IT FROM?

Quick update. The body is in flat black tonight. I'm going to let that cure for at least a couple three days because I will have a lot of masking to do for the mural and if I peel up paint with my masking I'm going to scream like a little girl, throw myself to the floor and throw a tantrum. And no one wants to see that. I still have some engine work to do, my rum barrel, my pirates chest, my skeleton. Not to mention the mural designs which I will draw on paper first.

ALSO- IF ANYONE HAS A BEER STEIN SHIFTER FROM THE TOM DANIELS BEER TRUCK, I'D LIKE TO GET MY HANDS ON TWO. WHAT USE IS A BARREL OF RUM WITHOUT A MUG TO DRINK IT FROM?

you might be in luck! i think i have one of those...........lemme go look.

bryan

Rob, the November show in Pinellis Park is the Southlandz Swap Meet & model show. Frank & Gail are the show promoters, Al

Yep, I'll be there. I was last year too.

you might be in luck! i think i have one of those...........lemme go look.

Yippee!

Edited by Jantrix

I'm also kicking around the idea of trying a shrunken head to dangle from the rear view mirror. I need to find a small skull, any ideas?

what about a peg leg shifter or a hook? lol

It's a column shift. But I do plan on having an ornamental skull there on the tranny hump and a golden cup holder too if I can get a cup or two.

really cool build!

I have seen a few built on this site and might have to make the 49 my next model.

Can't wait to see the mural!

what about a peg leg shifter or a hook? lol

I feel the same way, I need to run out and get one STAT!

• 5 months later...

Chuck it is #2 on my hit parade of WIP's. I have just relocated and got my first model out on the new bench. I'm still having styling issues with the front seats. Nothing I've come up with seems to fit that over the top interior. On the body, my first goal will be to cut a Jolly Roger stencil and get it on the trunk, then I'll start masking for the treasure map mural. I finally have a great place to build and paint so I expect to get a lot done over the next few months.

Thanks for keeping me honest and its nice to know people are wanting to see the work. More soon.

Yep still need those.

Edited by Jantrix

Cool beans on the pup. I have a bag of bones that some worthless punk abandoned in my neighborhood now. Trying to get some meat back on her and get her healthy. I apply named her bonez. Cant stand a so called humans that abuses a pet.

She already shows she loves it at my house.

3F59D442-6723-4F7B-B5C8-45A5DF6B3637-18902-0000182BD31C57C8.jpg

Love the build. I am grinning like a idiot following it

Edited by lanesteele240

I have finally come up with a front seat that I think works for this build, Surprisingly its the kit bench seat. I cut out the center and added the red silk. Painting the rest black then the red insert was glued back in. The gold piping finished it off. The interior is finally done. I'll add some additional details but the road block is past.

2012-10-21144825.jpg

2012-10-21144845.jpg

2012-10-21144902.jpg

2012-10-21145358.jpg

Time to start work on the graphics.