Model Cars Magazine Forum

What is these parts for in the Ice Cycle Kit?

I was not sure what part of the forum this should have been put in,but I was wondering what the extra parts were for in the Ice Cycle kit, im not sure if they were put there by mistake by amt as the instruction sheet has no reference to them, at all. I was just wondering if anyone else on the forum knew what kit they were intended for? They look old school chopper style

and the two pieces form like a wierd looking side car. It would be cool if it had the rest of the parts to finish it. If anyone has any idea what they were intended for I would be curious to know what they were for.

DSCN3526.jpg

DSCN3524.jpg

DSCN3525.jpg

Where did you get the kit? Was it new, or was it used from a second-hand source? If these parts aren't shown on the instructions, they look like parts from another kit.

Yes the kit was bought new and still factory sealed thats one of the reasons i was thrown off. Must just have been an error at the packaging part of the process.

From what I can find, they're parts to the MPC Boss Bike. http://public.fotki....0046.html#media

As to why they're in Ice Cycle kit, I have no idea, as I'm not really familiar with either kit.

You are so right, that is what the parts look like, awesome thank you for finding that for me, thats what was driving me nuts not knowing how to find what they went to , just wish they had included the rest of the parts for the boss bike............ Thank you.

Edited by Darren B

Actually, because the Ice Cycle and the Boss Bike share some parts (not sure which) the Boss Bike parts were packaged in that kit. The factory must have been too lazy to remove them from the mold. I bought 3 Ice Cycle kits a few years back and all of them had those parts left over.

cool i just emailed round 2 to see if they are planning on ever reproducing the boss bike, looking at the box art that would be a cool build, i have almost all but the other half of the front fork the wheels, handle bar and a few other things, just not that great of a scratch builder to make it from scratch.....

ask 'em about the '29 Model A ? I'd be more interested in that than some weird bike thingy.

That one was in the lineup not to long ago. It had the body tub/interior/frame, and quite a few other leftover bits from the original-tool Ala Kart kit. Great parts box filler!

• 9 years later...
  • 2 years later...