Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show Yer Drag Racers!

SuperStockAndy

Ok,maybe I'm losing my mind,but did someone erase my pix?Hmmm,that's weird.That blue Nova wasn't even one of my builds...The black Mustang is one of my builds(unfinished of course)I hardly keep my complete builds together long,unless I'm really happy with it.Which isn't that often.I just like to kit bash..So where are the other pix I posted of different drag drag cars,I've built recently..Boy,this is a mystery.Oh what could've happened?Do do do do,spooky.The case of the disappearing photos.Any answers,just curious.And 426,what happened to your photos?The mystery thickens.I'm missing something here.:rolleyes:Oh well I gotta say though,there are some really nice builds on these 29 pages.And there's some seriously talented people out there.

Anyway,thanks for sharing all these pix.Great work.

NYLIBUD what pic are you talking about?

Hey 426,it's odd,when I posted a bunch of pics of my drag cars,most of them are gone now.And when I read your post,there were no pics of your cars.But now there is.Anyway,never mind.I don't know what happened..But I really like your cars,great work.

Ok,maybe I'm losing my mind,but did someone erase my pix?Hmmm,that's weird.That blue Nova wasn't even one of my builds...The black Mustang is one of my builds(unfinished of course)I hardly keep my complete builds together long,unless I'm really happy with it.Which isn't that often.I just like to kit bash..So where are the other pix I posted of different drag drag cars,I've built recently..Boy,this is a mystery.Oh what could've happened?Do do do do,spooky.The case of the disappearing photos.Any answers,just curious.And 426,what happened to your photos?The mystery thickens.I'm missing something here.:rolleyes:Oh well I gotta say though,there are some really nice builds on these 29 pages.And there's some seriously talented people out there.

Anyway,thanks for sharing all these pix.Great work.

Never mind,I found my pix..Oops,sorry:rolleyes:And great cars on here guys.This pro mod Nova(done by a 3D printer),might be my next project.And just another pic of my 66 beater outlaw Nova.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• 1 year later...
On 12/9/2011 at 5:09 PM, Willys36 said:

Here are a few of my dragsters.

This one was built about 1964 when I was 14. It is built after the Yont's brothers method with lots of 00-90 brass nuts and bolts. Look close and you can see all the real bolts including rear wheel lug nuts.. Engine and rear wheels and tires from the great old Sizzler kit. Body was carved in wood, a plaster cast taken of that, and finally a fiberglass body shell from the mold. Frame is balsa. Lots of scratch built parts including brass headers, front suspension, corvair steering gear, blower scoop, etc. This was way before anyone made a '33 Willys body in styrene kit form.

2439Model2.jpg2439Model1.jpg

This is an HO slot car built for an old Auto World mail-in contest. It was built about 1970. It was built about the same way as the one above of wood model, and fiberglass shell. Frame is scratch built from soldered toghether brass. Whole thing was then chromed. Has steering front wheels, wheels are 1/4" x 1/8" ball bearings w/ O-ring tires.

HO_Willys.jpg

I know this is an old post, and I found it by accident while web searching old HO Gasser Slot Cars. And I just joined this site  mainly because of this post, because I'm totally blown away by the tiny HO '33 Willys  scratch built slot car. I hope the owner is still around and reads this, and I'd like to see more pix of this car, and/or other HO drag slot cars you may have built in the past(or present) ?  This is sooo cool, and the larger scale scratch built '33 Willys is also Totally Awesome !

FYI- I'm new to this site, and I'm 60 years old. For many years I used to be a 1/25th scale modeler, but retired from  building decades ago.  But I've been into HO Scale Slot cars and sometimes scratch build(or kit bash) ones I desire. Here is an example of one from my youth, as it was a local Gasser in my hometown back in the 60's. the Car is a custom '40 Chevy Gasser, that initially ran in C/G, and later was rebuilt with a Bigger Donovan motor and super charged. I'm including pix of the 1:1 Car from both era, and my 1/64 scale model. I also built a 2nd 1/72 scale version  of the original C/G version and that version is T-Jet Powered, while the larger scale AA/GS version is Tyco 440X2 powered.

5b2068a0723f6_MRIRISH.JPG.92fe0358e83463b7123ab2464cb0e31c.JPGmrirish1.jpg.a2feb54e70e6f71fb3176d9e197ca427.jpgmrirish2.jpg.fe1ee4770ad8e83c972610f45760be3e.jpgMRirish-frontcopy.jpg.3a0f5d5e88f3b6a9a1525c1cbf15cdc7.jpg0-fin2a.JPG.10cb2372d4e7cb9cff53e5b8c287a568.JPG0-drags0.JPG.aa9bcfa28a76907cb9c15222f4c82238.JPG0-0ir1.JPG.54f48846c31f94aece4e7ff850db317c.JPG0-0ir2.JPG.c062f7ca41792c3d44578e9e5835eeac.JPG0-0ir12.JPG.0e99e8f0525f649886c0031a61c9e436.JPG

Edited by Ralphthe3rd