Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show Yer Drag Racers!

SuperStockAndy

10 hours ago, Chevy II said:

Awesome Super Gas Vega.

where did you get the class designation letters and member number for the windows?

I got them on Ebay. They're Gofer Racing. Really nice! Thank you for the kind words, John. Since your handle is Chevy II, here are a couple of mine!

The '63 Wagon is AMT's curbside version. I did it compliant with NHRA's '75 rule book. Its colors match my very first car--a '63 Chevy II 4-door, white, with a blue interior. The FXer is the Rat Packer, that was originally to be part of an ill-fated diorama project. That's why the "terrible towel"!

DSC_0012cr.jpg

DSC_0018cr.jpg

DSC_0010cr.jpg

DSC_0019cr.jpg

DSC_0027cr.jpg

DSC_0066cr.jpg

• Like 2

As far as any kind of decals,tires,sponsor,window numbers,parachute(safety) decals,there’s no better on-line company than Slixx decals.Great stuff,check them out.And they have great service,and very fast delivery.Plus their decals last for years,not like so many other decals,that just disintegrate the moment you put them in water.For larger scale decals,RC Parma decals are great.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

As far as any kind of decals,tires,sponsor,window numbers,parachute(safety) decals,there’s no better on-line company than Slixx decals.Great stuff,check them out.And they have great service,and very fast delivery.Plus their decals last for years,not like so many other decals,that just disintegrate the moment you put them in water.For larger scale decals,RC Parma decals are great.

That's where I go for most of my contingency decals, for sure! I've had some of these sheets for almost 30 years, and they've never given me a problem.

This model is somewhere back down the thread, somewhere, but, I've added some markings to it. Here it is, in both states. I've been wanting to add a "Conrad's Engine Service" marker to this model, for some time. It somehow slipped through the cracks, and didn't get the ongoing tribute to my dad. I try to get it, in some form on all my race car models (that aren't replicas). I built this about 30 years ago. A guy I was working with brought it in, to show me--it was a bagger. I asked him if I could build it for him, because I knew he didn't really build. I kept trying to talk him into letting me do that. Finally, probably just to get me to shut up, he sold it to me for $2! I did this, with it, and offered it to him. Nope. Anyway, all these years later, I finally got around to adding the tribute, and a few other little decals. 

100_2583cr.jpg

100_2591cr.jpg

DSC_0019cr.jpg

DSC_0022cr.jpg

DSC_0023cr.jpg

DSC_0031cr.jpg

• Like 1