Model Cars Magazine Forum

What site do you use to host and post your photos?

Hey Gang,

Just curious about which site you find is the easiest or the most sensible site for hosting and posting photos. Seems like Fotki and Photo-bucket are the two most popular, are there any others you might recommend? Any quirks with the sites? Your opinions and experiences sure would help me.....and maybe some others....out.

Thanks in advance for those that reply!

Mike

I'm cheep. I have used the bucket for 5 years...not close to filling it,They do fiddle with the software every couple of years, I have never lost one image yet. It also comes with a free editor for the basics, and can be linked to firefox for quick downloads.

I'm cheap. I have used the bucket for 5 years...not close to filling it,They do fiddle with the software every couple of years, I have never lost one image yet....

Same here. It's proven reliable and it's free. If there's a limit to the number of pictures I'm unaware of it. The downside would be that Fotki has a superior inerface when it comes to people visiting your stuff. P-bucket is littered with advertising, rollovers and pop-ups and has a funky navigation model. I would rather visit somebody's Fotki than go look at their Photobucket!

Edited by Bernard Kron

I have used Fotki for the past 10 years and have over 400.000 images there, they have the best interface in my opinion. Very flexible design with features most people never even get to! Their pricing is also the best for what they offer.

A few months ago I also started an account at Flickr, partly to have a secondary source for all my images and I like their slideshow feature better for Blogs.

I have looked at all the hosts over the years and those are my choices, Photobucket is free and I guess is fine for the casual user but their servers are slow to deliver images and you generally get a lower quality service.

P-bucket is littered with advertising, rollovers and pop-ups and has a funky navigation model. I would rather visit somebody's Fotki than go look at their Photobucket!

Ditto- that's why I went with a Fotki page. Yeah, Photobucket is free, but you get what you pay for, right? B)

I'm cheep. I have used the bucket for 5 years...not close to filling it,They do fiddle with the software every couple of years, I have never lost one image yet. It also comes with a free editor for the basics, and can be linked to firefox for quick downloads.

Ditto, No Issues here with photobucket.

I do downsize the Pix (low res but ya can't tell) aren't too big but the picture is big enough..

RamChargerleftside6.jpg

Edited by RodneyBad

Don't have a posting site, but whatever Photobucket has done to view pictures is really annoying. If I see someone has bucket I usually don't even look now. Four pictures you can barely see on a page. Used to be a lot better. Fotki is the best for viewing and if I got a site it would definately be Fotki.

I'm using a photobucket. It works fine, and there's really much space to upload- and share pictures. It's also easy to use. Resize of the pics, and little modifying is also possible. I've tried fotki too, but that wasn't good for me. Bit tricky, and it took too much time posting the pics. Photobucket is easier, I think and that's why I'm using it all the time. And oh yes, it's free of course, and so does the fotki.

Well I started with PB around 03-04 so I'm used to it, had a paid sub. until about a yr. ago and it eliminates a lot of the ads and pop ups, but I'm back to free since I'm poor and they give ultd. storage I also like the editing and effects function. That said it does have issues at times I had a lot of problems with it a coupla wks ago not playing nice with google chrome but it seems to be resolved for now.

Why pay a single penny for a photo hosting site? Photobucket is unlimited and if you use that and Fotki, you'll never have a problem.

Same reason I'll gladly hang onto the Ford F-250 I drive now, and paid for, and give somebody back the keys to the brand-new Silverado they're trying to give me... like what I have better than the alternative. :lol:

Another Photobucket user, I've been using it for 8-9 years with only minor issues. I only use it to post photos online, so can't really comment on all the other functions since I don't use them. It does seem like a lot of the new features they have added slow things down, but it's free and I know how it works so I just deal with the little quirks.

I have a seperate website for posting groups of photos and other misc stuff.

I've been using Fotki for years just like many here. But here's a little hint for those of you who use Photobucket and like it.

If someone posts a link to an album here or any other board and I see that it's a Photobucket album, I don't even bother going there. Photobucket is just too annoying to view. So if you want people to actually look at your photos use Fotki.