Model Cars Magazine Forum

Big, Bigger, Biggest! (New photo's of the all new London Bus, by Revell Germany)

Revell are doing the London Taxi in 1.24th scale , so WILL go well with London Bus , The London Bus i have on Pre Order for release in November , the taxi is available now to buy

Where is the Taxi available now?

And I only believe it's 1:24 after somebody proved to me it's 1:24 and not the ancient Imai rubbish, which was reissued by ROG several times in recent history. Same goes for the Aoshima Taxi btw.

And I only believe it's 1:24 after somebody proved to me it's 1:24 and not the ancient Imai rubbish, which was reissued by ROG several times in recent history. Same goes for the Aoshima Taxi btw.

http://www.wonderlandmodels.com/products/revell-124-london-taxi-austin-fx4-1958-1997/

here is the London Taxi , and it i in 1.24th scale, would look great next to the RM ( Route Master ) Bus, which im getting so i can build it for my father, for xmas, as he used to drive them around the era of On The Busses TV show was being made

As for a single decker one , here is a 1:1 picture

rm1368.jpg

so looks like i may have to get the taxi kit as well just to have them side by side or in a form of a dio for my father B)

This is the Routmaster bus. No longer in general service but a couple are used on nostalgia services. We called them Hop on Hop off due to the rear decki/platform.

really their demise came about from a number of issues but mainly environment and their unsuitability to be converted for disabled passenger use.

There is one running an open top seaside special in Scarbourough.

John

Hmmmmm, good news on both kits but . . . . . food for thought if you dont do stock !

The London bus was chopped 24" from both decks by the Smoke City Wheelers car club, I think back in the 80's. They drove it everywhere until they sold it a few years back. Last heard, it had been restored to a stock bus.

The Taxi Rod is just too cool. Its driven daily by the owner that lives in London. It runs a 3.5ltr Rover V8. I'll try & get more pics.

He's latest project is a Taxi pick up !

Now, where can I get a Taxi kit . . . . .

Edited by 57peppershaker

REVELL /GERMANY PUT OUT A TOURING BUS-REAL FANCY TYPE-ABOUT A YEAR OR TWO AGO-CALLED NEDPLAN CITYLINER VIP CLASS-KIT#07650-IT'S 1/24 SCALE.IT IS VERY VERY COOL.I HAVE IT---CHECK IT OUT-IT'S ABOUT AS ULTRA FANCY AS CAN BE-LOTS OF GLASS AND LOTS OF SEATS-A TRUE COMFORT CRUISER.

Edited by mytricia

Chris, why don't we reverse the question, and prove to the readers here that it is 1/20 scale, you're a Brit, so I guess easy to obtain accurate info, about the dimensions of the real deal and the plastic kit.

Facts and figures is what counts.....

Regards

Luc

If it's anything like that modern 1/25 bus they put out last year it'll run $85-100 over here since I doubt it will get a Revell USA re-box.

YOU MIGHT BE THINKING OF REVELL OF GERMANYS NEDPLAN CITYLINER-VIP CLASS.IT'S 1/24 AND VERY ULTRA MODERN-LOTS OF TALL GLASS AND PLUSH SEATS-KIT #07650-I HAVE ONE AND IT'S SO COOL.I CAN'T EVEN DECIDE THE COLOR SCHEME YET.--IT LOOKS LIKE AN ELEGANT TOUR BUS.

Edited by mytricia

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmmmm, good news on both kits but . . . . . food for thought if you dont do stock !

The London bus was chopped 24" from both decks by the Smoke City Wheelers car club, I think back in the 80's. They drove it everywhere until they sold it a few years back. Last heard, it had been restored to a stock bus.

The Taxi Rod is just too cool. Its driven daily by the owner that lives in London. It runs a 3.5ltr Rover V8. I'll try & get more pics.

He's latest project is a Taxi pick up !

Now, where can I get a Taxi kit . . . . .

Saw this chopped bus and had a look around it.. Upstairs was made out a bit like a lounge but you could not stand up and had to go about in a crouched position. The Taxi looks great but the back end(boot to us, trunk to you guys) had a lot of uneven filler in it.

Apparently there is no age restriction on London taxis at present but Boris the mayor hopes to introduce a cut off date as soon as possible.

The whole of London had got 'Olympic' paranoia and Boris Johnson is scared of anything that may spoil his perfect summer for 2012. Even this message could fall foul of regulations as it contains the word Olympic as this is not an IOC(International Olympic Committee) sanctioned email :P

Expect to see more old Routmasters dug out of the woodwork by next August for the Olympic tourist £££

Chris, why don't we reverse the question, and prove to the readers here that it is 1/20 scale, you're a Brit, so I guess easy to obtain accurate info, about the dimensions of the real deal and the plastic kit.

Facts and figures is what counts.....

Regards

Luc

Unfortunately it is not so easy. This newly announced Revell issue I cannot find anywhere yet. Since it is advertised with the old IMAI box art, I suspect it is the 1:20 scale IMAI reissue, which always has been falsely labelled as a 1:24 scale kit. I do have an original IMAI 1:20 scale (labelled as 1:24 scale) kit, so there is no need for me to run the risk of buying the Aoshima issue, just to find out it's again the 1:20 scale IMAI kit in disguise.

For the record, Revell AG has issued the Taxi numerous times over the past few decades, with various box art, always labelled 1:24 scale, and it was always the 1:20 scale IMAI kit inside.

I'm happy with my accurate 1:24 Welly diecast.

Revell Of Germany state on their site the kit is 201mm long , so that means its a scale length is 16' long, but the real FX4 is only 14' long so it does look like the kit is infact 1.20th scale as everyone is stating , bummer but there you go chaps <_<

RoG Site http://www.revell.de/index.php?id=210&KGKANR=0&KGKOGP=10&KGSCHL=5&L=1&page=1&sort=0&nc=&searchactive=&q=&SWO=&ARMAS4=&PHPSESSID=5121d0bf25b7ce451ec15e0f454dfeb4&KZSLPG=&offset=4&cmd=show&ARARTN=07093&sp=1

Will it fit in my garage? The dimensions of an FX4 or Fairway are: Height: 1.765m, Width: 1.750m, Length: 4.558m and Weight: 1.650kg.

4.558m = 14' 11.44"

Revell spec; Model details Scale 1:24 Release date 10/2011 No. of parts 68 Length 201 mm Skill Level 3 Original details Type description Oldtimer Year/Period 1958 Origin GB Engine capacity 55 PS Displacement 2178 ccm Speed 95 km/

Edited by PeterC(MrMondeo)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, if it's 201mm long, then it's 201/4558 scale, or 1/22.7, which is closer to 1/24 than 1/20...

And you can find several different lengths for different period FX4s quoted (4580mm, and 14' 5.3" - 4402mm). So I don't think until we see the thing in real life, we'll know. Personally, I'd measure the wheel diameter to be sure... since we don't know what kinds of bumpers they might have been fitted with at different times...

bestest,

M.