Model Cars Magazine Forum

Big, Bigger, Biggest! (New photo's of the all new London Bus, by Revell Germany)

Well, first mistake I can see in this kit is not the parts or molds... but the directions. Seems the artist illustrated the rear outside wheels (Rim) assembled backwards. From the wheel assembly (pg 10) to decal placement (pg 28) the drawing shows the casting reversed.

Well, first mistake I can see in this kit is not the parts or molds... but the directions. Seems the artist illustrated the rear outside wheels (Rim) assembled backwards. From the wheel assembly (pg 10) to decal placement (pg 28) the drawing shows the casting reversed.

The artist was dragged out into the parking lot and shot. Twice.

Ahaaaa.... Okay. Guess that's the arian way.

Anyway, spent two hours last night on it and only managed to clean up the sprue and mold lines off a handful of parts plus putting together the front and rear wheels.

Decided to simply go ahead and build this from the box as an RML with the early engine. Ordered three figures to start with from Scale Equipment Ltd. (Best figures in the biz) Ordered a seated figure for the driver and one standing guy for the conductor plus one passenger.

Stupid Yank question.... I see the kit has both the Leyland engine and the retrofit Scania engine. Would I be correct in assuming they are both diesels?

Yes they are, all Routemasters after 1996 to meet the then current exhaust emissions had the Scania engine fitted, the old Leyland and AEC engine didn't meet the newer regulations,

Geoff, I have a friend in London picking me up one and mailing it to the states. But, can you tell me what you paid over there please so I can figure up an estimate? Pounds, dollars or euro is fine.... ;-)

Thank you.

Sorry, I must have missed your post, I paid £35.99 including shipping

• 2 weeks later...