Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Sketch Pad Artist" Mike Lomaka "ITALIVETTE"

John Teresi

Hello.......this is on the work bench.........I was looking thru my GREAT MCM magazines and I came across a "Sketch Pad" article of artist Mike Lomaka`s "Italivette"........well this past year at "GSL" everyone got a free Revell" Penske" Racing model......... and a couple of years ago at the "Citrus Nationals" I won this Revell Ferrari in a raffle.......so since I already have doubles of these models ..........I decide to build mike Lomaka`s "Italivette".........I know I just finished the 'Cosma Ray' Corvettte......but,this really caught my eye........thank`s for looking.

DSCF0036.jpg

DSCF0037.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

I dunno John......kinda looks like it needs a big ol' honkin' blower stickin outa da hood. But then again, I think EVERYTHING should have at least one supercharger. And maybe a pair of machine guns poppin up from behind those headlights. OOOOHHHHHH !! And a top fuel type spoiler.....

Or, you can just build it the way you want to. Have fun with it sir, I know we will.

Hello.......I worked on the body today........opened up the fenders for the headlights.......stretched the rear end.......modified the hood and side panels.......lowered the roof line at slight angle.......made a front spoiler but, I need to do a little more work to it.......I also need to do a little work on the roof......the body is still in the ruff stages......thank`s for looking.

DSCF0040.jpg

DSCF0043.jpg

DSCF0044.jpg

DSCF0047.jpg

DSCF0051.jpg

Badass !!! What kind of glue did you use on that pillar? I would imagine something super tough. You would have had to pull the front of the roof forward as well as down to make it fit no?

Jeff.......I used super glue.......and added a piece of styrene in the inside of the joining pillar`s........for extra strength.......then sanded flat......thank`s.

Hey John,

What do you use for filler? I have tried super glue for small areas, but mixed results. Just curious. The roof looks great, this is a cool, cool ride. Thanks.

Mike

Hi Mike.......i use super glue as well........for small stuff......I like to load up the super glue then sand it down......but,I use 3M acryli-blue for most of the filling after primer.......thank`s.