Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Sketch Pad Artist" Mike Lomaka "ITALIVETTE"

John Teresi

John, love the concept and the execution, as usual your work is excellent. The only thing I am not really diggin' is the rear wheel well's, they look rather wierd. I understand that that's the way they are but they still look funny...

Man, that is awesome!!! One critique though; the "gills" behind the front wheels on the front quarter panels look a little too vertical and squared-off. Would they look better angled forward with rounded corners to make it more modern/Ferrari like? Take a look at the body of the Ferrari Superamerica kit you have.

2005FerrariSuperamerica6.jpg

Man, that is awesome!!! One critique though; the "gills" behind the front wheels on the front quarter panels look a little too vertical and squared-off. Would they look better angled forward with rounded corners to make it more modern/Ferrari like? Take a look at the body of the Ferrari Superamerica kit you have.

2005FerrariSuperamerica6.jpg

Nate.......thank you for your suggestion.......I wish you would have posted this suggestion while I was doing the body work.......the body has been painted and clear coated .......and while I was doing the body work and studying the artist drawing......I missed the slanted vents......I did not look close enough to notice the vents were slanted in the drawing.......maybe when I make the vent doors I can make them seem slanted to give the effect of an angle?........just a thought?

Hello......I got some color on the body.......H.O.K. white base coat.........Dupont "Jarret" red and clear coat......I will sand it down smooth today and give it one more clear coat.......thank`s for looking.

DSCF0193.jpg

DSCF0186.jpg

DSCF0187.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Hello......I got the interior and glass assembled to the body......front grill is on........headlights and taillight`s are on....... the body is not yet glued to the chassis.......I need to finish up the engine plumbing.......... and paint the front spoiler, side vent doors and rear diffuser.......it should really change the look of the body.......few more days and it should be done......thanks for looking.

DSCF0209.jpg

DSCF0197.jpg

DSCF0200.jpg

DSCF0203.jpg

Keep this a secrete Chris & Luis :huh: Don't tell anyone, but I happen to know that John is a cyborg from the planet Modelleria and his power source never needs recharging. He feeds on Styrene and Super glue and poops out parts and urinates custom paint. Again please don't mention this to anyone. B)