Model Cars Magazine Forum

68 Corvette Scripts

Did the stock L88 Corvettes come with a "427 L88" logo on the hood? The Revell kit does and I think that it may be wrong. Problem is ... I painted the hood already.

Anyone know of a kit that has the complete scripts for the 68/69 Corvette? I don't know why Revell would release these Vettes without decals for the scripts, or the crossed flags on the hood.

Thanks,

JB

I believe those are remnants from the old Motion Performance release of that kit.

The L-88 was actually the first release of that tool. It's had the extra incorrect badging from day one, the Motion car came out much later, after the Tri-Power '69 coupe and the blown street machine versions were out. The Motion car also has a dfferent hood, with the '67 Stinger scoop on it.

As far as scripts go, MCG does have a PE kit with all the proper badging. It should be noted, the "Stingray" badging on the front fenders was not used on the '68s, that started in '69 and was only used to '76.