Model Cars Magazine Forum

My baby. Hate that GM stopped making Oldsmobiles.

I feel the same way about Pontiac. My wife had a similar '97 Cutlass, but gold, until late 2007 though.

They don't seem to be making Buicks anymore, either. Just funny-looking, too-small things with Tri-Sheilds.

Charlie Larkin

They don't seem to be making Buicks anymore, either. Just funny-looking, too-small things with Tri-Sheilds.

Charlie Larkin

They seem to be doing well in China. 100 Million Chinamen can be all wrong! :lol: Then again they don't speak English so the Buick Eyesore would probably sell too!

Edited by Tom Geiger

Charlie Larkin

Buick hasn't made a decent car since 1987...GN's and GNX. Seemed to be their last hurrah IMO. Never was much of a Puick fan except for the '70 GSX, GN's, and GNX's.

I don't have any pics of it right now because well frankly, I never had a reason to but I drive a 94 Ford Crown Vic P74. The P74 was its option code, the P71 was the Police Interceptor, P72 was the standard Vic and the P74 was a "highly-optioned civilian" Vic. It has 4 wheel disc brakes, it had air suspension in the back until the bags blew and we replaced with coils and it even has a car phone! LOL So far I put on MSD coil, 8.8MM Accel Wires, NGK Iridium plugs. Spectre throttle body spacer, K&N air filter, Thrush glass-pack muffler and 2 of the 4 cats hollowed out. Don't run to bad for being almost 20 years old and 174000 on it.

Darren, that 411 is very cool. They did sell those here in the USA but I haven't seen one in years. Yours would turn a few heads here, especially with the RHD.

I have a friend near London who is a Harley fanatic. I constantly kid him, asking if his Harley is RHD!

Cheers Tom. :) Funny enough, the rear trailing arms rusted out and I had to get replacements from Mexico! It has won a couple of awards at shows. Thats the biggest problem over here, the weather and the huge amount of salt they chuck on the roads, Anything that isn't galvanised starts to crumble before your eyes....

Edited by Ridgeback

• 1 month later...

I'll bet that little Saturn has shocked a more than a few people!

you are sooooo right sir! I think most gooky muffler racers and other pocket rocket cars always want to race me because I've got that darned wing, some days I dislike it because I can't see whos tailing me but the more I imagine my car without it I like it more and more the Saturn "lsj" was a yr ahead of the "ss" cobalt my car does not advertise though that is supercharged...... I love to keep the car nice and quite and accelerate and shift normal, then when someone comes beside me acting stupid, I downshift a gear hit the gas pedal the Eaton supercharger kicks in nice and loud with that awesome WHHHIIIIIIIINNNNNEEEE and i'm gone! its sooooo fun

Nice Redline Daniel!

I was a Saturn tech til their demise years ago. The Redline Ion's were capable of producing some serious power with a pulley, belt, and tune.

Nice Redline Daniel!

I was a Saturn tech til their demise years ago. The Redline Ion's were capable of producing some serious power with a pulley, belt, and tune.

if you were a Saturn tech then perhaps saturns demise was due to its stupid design of a PLASTIC clutch pedal assembly

asides the plastic pedal the car is pretty awesome!

:wub: Yeah yeah I know I fixed my own problem without the dealers help because they just want to charge me out the nose ( I know I cannot afford them) and it only took me 3 pedals to make the ol assembly work again! the way its supposed to....
for a loooong temporary fix I had to put a cap from a contact wetting soloution on the end of the clutch push rod and jam it into the back of the plastic pedal to make my clutch work, but that's a whole nothter story Boys and Girls...... like I say I LOVE the car :wub:

Unfortunatley this is where my car is most of the time. This is me putting the new/used engine in it last summer. This summer was the transmission. Fun fun fun!!!!!

352_zpsb30df15d.jpg

355_zps0ee4fdb3.jpg

This is our 68, there is no topper or running boards now........

Baby004_zps12206236.jpg

68Ford.jpg

30 Model A, rolling chassis, hot rod project.

IMG_1609.jpg

I also have a 77 AMC Hornet project car too. Then again they are all projects...... except my wifes 07 Pilot..

Edited by DrKerry

Here's a couple Ford Contours I own. The first is an '98 SE that is my one and only. It's a great little car for a grandma's car. The 2.5 V6 was upgraded with an aluminum flywheel, SVT upper and lower intakes, SVT throttle-body along with the entire SVT air cleaner assembly and MSDS headers. Suspension was upgraded with Moog links, Eibach springs and BAT struts. I threw some brembo rotors and Hawk pads on it. Plan for the winter is to drop a 3.0 from a Taurus (or others, whatever is the best deal at the time) in it and replace the diff with an aftermarket option. The 3.0 basically bolts right in with few mods and are ready to tear up the MTX-75 5-speed...

MCMContourPic-vi.jpg

And here's an SVT Contour. Yes, SVT actually made a Contour. At the time I bought this one for the transmission and SVT heads, cams and computer. I threw on the ST200 wheels, painted grille and headlights since they were laying around.

contour419-vi.jpg