Model Cars Magazine Forum

On 1/8/2018 at 8:39 PM, Tom Geiger said:

5a541c0d6c186_myelantra.jpg.f7b037533ac9595b10d8c5bbf9ccb5f3.jpg

I was putting way too many miles on my Pt Cruiser Convertible. Bought it July 2016 and put 40,000 miles on it! My business did well this year, so I bought a company car.  2015  Hyundai Elantra with 27,000 miles on it.  

Just hit 40,000  this week.  That's 13,000 miles since January, so I should do about 31,000 a year on this puppy. The perfect appliance!

• 4 weeks later...

This will be returning to the streets tomorrow, new fuel line installed, fresh oil in the pan, topped off the radiator,  aired up the tires and rear air shocks , all the lights appear to be working and no check engine light so far.....

20180623_220007.jpg

Still need to put new tires, headlights, clear the garbage out of it, get some oil dry to clean up my mess under it. Need to get it in for emissions testing this week and get a plate sticker paid for, then insurance paid for it and the 200, after that, then I can worry about tires and headlights!

Oh, and it's been so long since I've turned a wrench on something full scale, I kinda have this feeling now.......

tenor.gif

Edited by Joe Handley

• 2 months later...

So this arrived yesterday.

2019 Ram 1500 Limited. Diamond black. All options, except for the RamBox. Did a 3M stoneguard on the front end, ceramic paint protection, and a Bakflip tonneau cover. The eTorque system is still not on ground yet, so come January I may swap this one out for a truck with that. Looking forward to driving this one.

20180920_155939.jpg

Just trying to figure out what direction I'm going for winter wheels/tires. 

Because this is what it looks like this morning.

20180921_074554.jpg

My primary driver is a 2010 Ranger Sport, since this picture was made I have added a low-line bed cover painted to match.  The second picture is my toy.  Belonged to my Dad, now it is mine.  Since this picture was taken I have added a camper shell.  It is an 83 with 103K miles and a 2.8 V-6.

002.JPG

Dad's S-10 016.jpg

No Pics, But I'm one year in on a 2017 Kia Sorrento. Traded a 2015 Hyundai Elantra for it. Just rolled over 10,000 miles. The Elantra was the first new car I've owned. I loved it. This Kia is even better! Much more room. I had thought I wanted a small, efficient , Four Door Sedan. Within six months, I knew I had made a mistake. The Elantra, while great, was just too small. I'm 6'1", 315 lbs, and I had to put the car on rather than get into it. The Kia has solved those problems. It will be SUVs for me, from now on. No more cars.

Just purchased this 2 weeks ago. I had an 05 Element I bought new. But the maintenance on that car as astronomical. So I sold it and purchased this 09 Venza. 57,000 miles and all wheel drive. My Element hardly ever topped 20 miles per gallon. This is averaging 24 -26 mpg. Really liking it so far.

.jpg

1 hour ago, Miatatom said:

Cool! Named her yet? Maybe something from that era like Hazel. My mom's name. ?

She is a beauty. I love seeing these types at the car shows. I just walk past the 55 and 57 Chevys. I like looking at cars you hardly see anymore. 

Use this for mostly long trips and when i dont feel like driving my ZJ
Its a 1997 Chevrolet suburban K1500 with the 6.5td v8.
It also has the heavy duty drivetrain and frame in it because it has the 6.5 v8 in it.
Heavy duty = 8lug wheels, axles from the 2500models, stronger suspension and external coolers for the engine oil, transmission fluid and powersteering + a huge radiator for the coolant.
Skidplates almost everywhere under it and front and rear AC.
The previous owner did have it tuned by a company here that only do the 6.5 engines so it has way more power then a stock does, it moves when i want to.
The speedo only goes to 180km/h and after it has bottomed out it is still accelerating..

I only plan on replacing the exhaust to a more freeflowing one to get more power from it, i already put in a open airfilter so it gets all the air it needs compared to the stock airbox that has a big restriction befor it goes to the turbo.
And because of that i can hear the turbowhistle even at idle when it is warm.
I might be a bit childish but its fun to get the turbo to dump pressure when driving through the town i live in and alot of people just watch and wonder how this thing can make that sound because vehicles like this never do that.
( dont worry i know how to get it to do that while driving the speedlimit or slower)
IMG_20180616_140515.thumb.jpg.0f1b3955aa790c01a5fd5a93f05c2aa8.jpg