Model Cars Magazine Forum

you have a wife and a girlfriend???? you lucky sucker!!!

Nice 'vette :P

It's a wife and two girlfriends. Technically a girlfriend and a half, but if the wife hadn't left I woudn't have been able to buy the Vette or the El Camino. Kind of like the man who told a friend that his wife left and took his dog and he was going to miss the dog.....

I have a 1993 Dodge Dakota Club Cab wit ha 318 from the factory. Runs Great looks better than new. No digital pics of it. Have had it for 11 years.

About 2 months ago my special order from Dodge came in. Back in Feb. I went and placed an order for a 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic. I ordered it in B5 Blue. It has '71 inspired strips and 20" Crager mags. It only has the 5.7L Hemi with 371 horse and 401 lbs. torque (which is plenty for the street). It is awesome. I can go out in traffic and almost cause accidents with people turning there heads to get a look. Some people have stopped in on coming traffic to look (and almost get rear ended). No digital pics of these either but here is one just like it.

post-3456-1245872319_thumb.jpg

My DD is a turd. My Toy is below. It is an 87 Mustang LX Notchback, I completely built the whole car over the last 5 years. See the pic at the very bottom to see what I started with. I have posted pics of it before, but I just got done with a whole bunch of new modifications. It has 4.6L 4 valve, out of an 03-04 Cobra. This is a pretty rare swap, I onlyt knew of 3 other ones in the country when I started building it. I run a C-4 trans, built by Joel's On Joy, here in Detroit. (Detoilet) THe latest round of upgrades are as follows:

New Whipple 3.4L twin screw supercharger (replaced factory 03-04 cobra eaton)

Ford Racing 80 Lb injectors (replaced factory 39 lb'rs)

Accufab 160mm Monoblade throttlebody (replaced factory twin 52mm T/B)

Custom Pro-M mass air, calibrated to flow-matched injectors

Reflashed the Continental Stall convertor, done by Lenny at Ultimate Convertor Concepts

Custom fabbed Air-aintake piping

New Afco Dual-pass heat exchanger

New Strange Engineering front coilovers

New bumpsteer kit

Removed and relocated rack mounts to correct steering geometry

Afco Rear Coilovers

Team-Z Anti Roll-bar

Cut apart and refabricated BBK longtube headers to properly clear steering shaft (finally!)

Aerospace rear disc brakes

New Strange Pro-Race axles to replace the last set I somehow bent

More I am forgetting

On the Dynojet Chassis Dyno, she made 768 Rear-wheel horsepower, 737 Ft/Lb of torque. 940hp at the crank.

THis was on a fairly mild street tune, at 26.5lbs of boost. THe old heat exchanger was in place at the time of dyno'ing, and it was too small and bent up from an accident (new brakelines I actually farmed out, they did not tighten one fitting, finger loose, POW!) so the Intake Air temperature went from 0-170 degrees in 9 seconds, which is BAD BAD BAD. It was way too hot, and we didnt want to push our luck without replacing the Heat exchanger with the new afco dual pass unit. We never re-dyno'd the car after replacing it, but I know on some C-16 race gas there is 1,000 hp at the crank, and over 800 rwhp at the wheels. She should go 9.0's to high 8's in the 1/4 this year, at over 150mph. Guess its time for a parachute. But this is a street car, I drive it every chance I get in the summer!!!

008.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

002.jpg

001-1.jpg

010.jpg

017.jpg

004.jpg

015.jpg

scan.jpg

NEVER GIVE UP........................ Rudy

I have a 1993 Dodge Dakota Club Cab wit ha 318 from the factory. Runs Great looks better than new. No digital pics of it. Have had it for 11 years.

About 2 months ago my special order from Dodge came in. Back in Feb. I went and placed an order for a 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic. I ordered it in B5 Blue. It has '71 inspired strips and 20" Crager mags. It only has the 5.7L Hemi with 371 horse and 401 lbs. torque (which is plenty for the street). It is awesome. I can go out in traffic and almost cause accidents with people turning there heads to get a look. Some people have stopped in on coming traffic to look (and almost get rear ended). No digital pics of these either but here is one just like it.

I was so excited to hear they came out with B5 blue again!!!!!

Awesome car. SOOOOOOOOOOOO much better looking than the camaro. IMO the only thing a new challnger could use a a slight (maybe 1.5-2") lowering job. They look slightly 4x4ish to me......

Rudy

• 2 weeks later...

For the last 3 1/2 years I've been driving this:

2004 Impala SS

3.8L Supercharged V6

K&N Air Filter

Drilled/slotted rotors

Red Calipers

Indy Grille

JVC Head unit

Fosgate 6 1/2 components in the front doors

Fosgate 1" tweets flush mounted in the top of the doors just behind the A pillars

Fosgate three way 6x9s in the back deck

Fosgate 12" Punch with custom built box in the trunk

California Profile 1000x1 for the subs

California 1000x4 for the high end

100_1337.jpg

100_2267.jpg

100_1384.jpg

100_1413.jpg

100_1380.jpg

tweets1.jpg

100_0275.jpg

After the warranty runs out, I plan on doing a full exhaust job, smaller supercharger pulley, cold air intake, PCM re-program, and possibly some suspension work.

My first car was a 1985 Toyota pickup with a 4 speed manual. That thing was AWESOME, and I wish I never got rid of it. It had the 22r engine, and when I traded it, it had 205,000 miles, and STILL ran like a scalded dog. I only traded it because I wrecked it, spent tons of money on the parts to fix it myself, did all the bodywork, parts, welding, cutting, etc, ready for paint, and then wrecked it again. Stupid deer. I hit a doe on December 23rd, and I was hoping to get the money for Christmas to have it painted.

LC

And here is my project car if I can ever get my rear end down to TN to trailer it back up here to PA.

1970 4 door Impala with a 350 -

DSCF0329.jpg

DSCF0311.jpg

DSCF0314.jpg

As you can tell, it needs some TLC. The floor pans and trunk pans are still good though!

Here's my dream list -

gsxs.jpg

but painted like this:

Hayabusa7.jpg

And the cars I would LOVE to have

chevelle3.jpg

G_Lee.jpg

LC

Not sure why I've not posted this...

the Rat Snake

78 King Cobra

Black on Black T-top

5.0/C4 (4-speed waiting to be installed)

Offy Dial-A-Flow intake

Holley 600 4bbl

Power steering delete

Flex-a-Lite electric fan

74 header panel and hood

225/50R15's on 15x7 Centerlines up front

295/50R15's on 15x10 Centerlines under the rear

Trim by Duplicolor Metalcast Blue

And yes, the fender badges are coyotes! :lol:

ratsnakepreshow.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My ride is a 1984 Oldsmobile Toronado, ( sorry no pics ) that now has 311,000 kms on it. Bought it in 93 for 8 grand CDN

and down through the years have probably put double that into it in repairs. My trade in on it was a 1977 Plymouth Gran Fury Brougham 2dr hdtp. Should have keep the Fury.

A bit of sad news about the Falcon Wagon, it got it's heart crushed about 3 weeks ago now the poor old gal had, had enough and she blew her motor :angry: coz it was going to cost too much to repair the our lad bought another Falcon but a sedan this time and the old wagon went to the crusher, oh well she did well she was built in the mid 80's and went for some 20 odd years before falling over and breaking her motor.

GypsiewithSunvisorrunninglightsBugD.jpg

Dingo :P

• 2 weeks later...
My new ride! I know some of you will be amazed, astonished and surprised

A mint 1985 GTI! Grassroots Motorsports for life!

I think a few SCCA goodies are in hold in the near future, can you say ITBs? :P

DSCN0616.jpg

DSCN0609.jpg

DSCN0614.jpg

DSCN0612.jpg

DSCN0613.jpg

great car, Nick! Of course, I'm biased!

Best of luck with her.......keep us posted on progress!

• 1 month later...

I saw some bikes on here so i thought i'd post mine.

017.jpg

The ten speed is a 75' gicante' TdF with mostly shimano components a stronglight crank and sprocket, stronglight headset, Sr stem and handlebars, bontrager speed tires and tubes, and araya wheels.

The bmx a friend gave to me after we built our twelfth bike together, i have no clue about anything on it, just that it weighs 25 pounds :unsure::lol:

Edited by ThatOneEmoKid

My ol' girl passed away from New England Cancer, rotted out the rocker panels, and all four torsion bars need replacement, and front axle joints too. I hate to see it go. I had her for over ten years.

MVC030S-vi.jpg

Friday, we took delivery on a 2004 Passat W8 4motion. Man, she's sweet!

DSC00004-vi.jpg

DSC00009-vi.jpg

DSC00006-vi.jpg

I didn't even know Volkswagen made a V8!

:lol: Well, I guess it's technically a V. Yeah those engines sound SWEET! A friend of mine has a clip of one with the exhaust open when they had one in the shop. ;)

I did some modifications to my car, Raceland Race Coilovers... :lol:

it still needs a few tweaks........and alignment :lol:

DSCN0705.jpg

DSCN0701.jpg

Edited by Nick F40