Model Cars Magazine Forum

On 9/21/2018 at 3:45 PM, ewetwo said:

Just purchased this 2 weeks ago. I had an 05 Element I bought new. But the maintenance on that car as astronomical. So I sold it and purchased this 09 Venza. 57,000 miles and all wheel drive. My Element hardly ever topped 20 miles per gallon. This is averaging 24 -26 mpg. Really liking it so far.

.jpg

I had an '05 Element, too. I had the same experience as you. Got rid of it for a 2019 Rav4.

I have 3 vehicles, my daily driver is a 08 Scion xB that I bought just to drive to work because I commute almost 50 miles each way and didn't want to sell my truck a 05 F150 Supercrew that has 8" of lift and rolls 35/13.50's. And 3rd is a 86 F150 that currently isn't tagged but I bought it from the original owner and it has only 74k on it.

IMG_0868.png

zz.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

6 hours ago, SCRWDRVR said:

I have 3 vehicles, my daily driver is a 08 Scion xB that I bought just to drive to work because I commute almost 50 miles each way and didn't want to sell my truck a 05 F150 Supercrew that has 8" of lift and rolls 35/13.50's. And 3rd is a 86 F150 that currently isn't tagged but I bought it from the original owner and it has only 74k on it.

IMG_0868.png

Oh man, I miss my "box", "Fridge", "Toaster", "Pregnant rollerskate", or few other names given to my 2006 Scion xB. The original "box".  The 2nd generation of xB was not as cute or handy, but still pretty good.  Mine had 140k miles on it and showed signs of rusting (New England winters eat cars), so I traded it last February for a 2019 Kia Soul.  While the Soul has lots more of bells-and-whistles than my spartan xB, it is not as roomy inside or even not as easy to get in and out of.  Even thought it is a slightly larger vehicle, it is not as capacious as my old xB. Even the rear hatch is narrower. If the 1st gen. xB was still being made, I would have bought another one in in instant!

Edited by peteski

2 minutes ago, peteski said:

Oh man, I miss my "box", "Fridge", "Toaster", "Pregnant rollerskate", or few other names given to my 2006 Scion xB. The original "box".  The 2nd generation of xB was not as cute or handy, but still pretty good.  Mine had 140k miles on it and showed signs of rusting (New England winters eat cars), so I traded it last February for a 2019 Kia Soul.  While the Soul has lots more of bells-and-whistles than my spartan xB, it is not as roomy inside or even not as easy to get in and out of.  Even thought it is a larger vehicle, it is not as capacious as my old xB. Even the rear hatch is narrower. If the 1st gen. xB was still being made, I would have bought another one in in instant!

I never had a 1st gen but I love the 2nd gen like you said very roomy for such a small car and easy to get in and out of and I'm 6'4" and 280lbs so that's saying something. I've had this one 7 years now and bought it with 49k on it, I just turned 200k on it this past week. I've been thinking about upgrading to a newer used one before they are to old to be worth it.

Picked this up in September

image000000.jpg.b3234e5e2c399fb1c26ba3c7cff77322.jpg

It's been about 10 yrs since I've been in a truck. I had to do something after the kiddo wanted my Impala (seen in the background). These are hard to find around here, and the deal was too good to walk away from. So far I'm LOVING it. 3 months and 5k miles.

Feel a little lucky here... two years ago, I switched jobs and lost the company car from the old position.  Needing to buy a car that would potentially be driven on long trips through a territory and budgeting myself to $5K or less, I was thinking I’d end up with some older Camry or Accord.  Instead, I found this little gem a mile from my house:

B27DEC04-6207-4D8F-AEDB-3BCDF1923822.thumb.jpeg.52651d7bdad1ecd24fe3e31b109b2b1d.jpeg

She had 174,000 miles in her, but was extremely well taken care of.  I never followed them enough to realize Volvo offered a V8 in the S80, but MAN... this thing drives beautifully and sounds like a 70 ‘Cuda rolling down the road.  This one is a 2007.  I got it for $4500.

I just crossed 196,000 miles, and there are no signs of stopping.

!989 Corvette Convertible. Dark blue with tan interior and top. Currently not driving it because of alarm issue and the tags expired. Bought it last January but about to sell it for something more practical. They are fun to drive but not good for hauling much but you know what. Computer crashed and ate all my pictures but posted it in what did you get back last January.

Hi , 

This is my first post . I’m from the Philippines . I joined this forum because I saw a picture / posting of a 1:18 scale model Ferrari Mondial 3.2 coupe made by Hotwheels and it was converted to the Cabriolet version done in 2011 . Hotwheels never made a Cabriolet version of this model . I wanted to reach out to the model builder his name if I’m mistaken is MRM and if I can ask him he could make one for me . 
Btw back on topic here are my toys . 
A 1988 Ferrari Mondial 3.2 Cabriolet together w/ me in the picture . 
Here is my 89 Porsche 911 turbo in Guards Red . 
And my 1984 BMW 635CSI Euro model . In which the picture was taken in front of our home . 
Our family’s daily driver is a 2016 Mitsubishi Montero Sports w/c is not sold in the USA. My kids are urging me to buy another car for them to drive /use . 

22410071-81F6-49FD-A474-1D99D244C27D.jpeg

E65BBC39-3BA3-428C-BB01-B18132D2EA56.jpeg

BB51E87C-6491-4D6A-8757-B3CD31C413C7.jpeg

Welcome to the forum. I have always liked how the 635 CSI looked . You have a great collection of high performance automobiles at your disposal. My only question is how you decide what to drive when you get up in the morning ?  

20 hours ago, tsa375 said:

Hi , 

This is my first post . I’m from the Philippines . I joined this forum because I saw a picture / posting of a 1:18 scale model Ferrari Mondial 3.2 coupe made by Hotwheels and it was converted to the Cabriolet version done in 2011 . Hotwheels never made a Cabriolet version of this model . I wanted to reach out to the model builder his name if I’m mistaken is MRM and if I can ask him he could make one for me . 
Btw back on topic here are my toys . 
A 1988 Ferrari Mondial 3.2 Cabriolet together w/ me in the picture . 
Here is my 89 Porsche 911 turbo in Guards Red . 
And my 1984 BMW 635CSI Euro model . In which the picture was taken in front of our home . 
Our family’s daily driver is a 2016 Mitsubishi Montero Sports w/c is not sold in the USA. My kids are urging me to buy another car for them to drive /use . 

BB51E87C-6491-4D6A-8757-B3CD31C413C7.jpeg

Luigi, I used the search feature here to find "MRM". His post history has  51 pages. Happy hunting!
BTW, awesome wheels! 

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/profile/8256-mrm/content/

Edited by Jon Cole

2 hours ago, espo said:

Welcome to the forum. I have always liked how the 635 CSI looked . You have a great collection of high performance automobiles at your disposal. My only question is how you decide what to drive when you get up in the morning ?  

Thanks for the nice words espo . I tend to drive them during wknds at least for 30-40 mins . Regarding the 635 I tend to use this more often  as a second car of the family at times my wife and I need to go on seperate appointments . But I still feel uneasy when it’s used when it’s raining . Don’t want it to get dirty . 

Thanks for the tip and nice words . 

Edited by tsa375

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...